Fondant Draping And Bows

Decorating By marthamom Updated 30 Jun 2009 , 6:18pm by snocilla

marthamom Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 4

Made my daughter's grad cake last year and had a blast. I'm making a wedding cake for my cousin (never made a wedding cake before). Long story short, the bakery lost her order and I volunteered to make her cake and want to use fondant because I love the clean lines it gives. I've worked with store bought fondant before, but the taste, Ugh! I found the recipe for MM fondant and used it for a practice cake I made this weekend. The flavor is great, but the problem I had was draping it. It wasn't the right consistency to drape and hold the shape. Do I have to add gum paste to the MM fondant to get the correct consistency? Is there another recipe I should try? The recipe I used was mm fluff and powdered sugar. Any response would be greatly appreciated. The wedding is 8/01.

P.S. Love this site. I'm totally addicted!

3 replies
snocilla Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:16pm
post #2 of 4

Yes, add gumpaste half and half... I usually use melted marshmellows, not sure if there is a difference in texture between that and the fluff.

snocilla Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 4

Yes, add gumpaste half and half... I usually use melted marshmellows, not sure if there is a difference in texture between that and the fluff.

snocilla Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:18pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%