How Do I, Um, Do Everything?

Decorating By Amymnn Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 4:24pm by Amymnn

Amymnn Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:37pm
post #1 of 12

I've tried taking classes and they just aren't for me. I've learned just about all I know from books and tv shows. Can you please recommend some good books and DVD's for me? I want to learn buttercream and fondant techniques, how to make figures, airbrushing techniques and well, just about anything else that you have found a good book or DVD about? Thanks in advance so much for your recommendations icon_smile.gif

11 replies
cblupe Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 12

I love all of Nicholas Lodge's DVD's. His teaching style is so easy to learn from and he doesn't make you feel like an idiot. Good luck in your search. cb

cblupe Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:44pm
post #3 of 12

I love all of Nicholas Lodge's DVD's. His teaching style is so easy to learn from and he doesn't make you feel like an idiot. Good luck in your search. cb

mkm25 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 12

Debbie Brown has excellent books for creating 3-D shaped cakes and fondant figures.

I personally learned extensionwork and other advanced techniques from Toba Garrett's book The Well-Decorated Cake so I highly recommend that!

cblupe Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:45pm
post #5 of 12

Amymnn Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:45pm
post #6 of 12

Cb: Thank you - and I love your Cake fixes everything quote icon_smile.gif

mkm25 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:46pm
post #7 of 12

Debbie Brown has excellent books for creating 3-D shaped cakes and fondant figures.

I personally learned extensionwork and other advanced techniques from Toba Garrett's book The Well-Decorated Cake so I highly recommend that!

Amymnn Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:46pm
post #8 of 12

Cb: Thank you - and I love your Cake fixes everything quote icon_smile.gif

mkm25 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:47pm
post #9 of 12

mkm25 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:48pm
post #10 of 12

Amymnn Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:15pm
post #11 of 12

okay, doing searches on Nicholas Lodge and Debbie Brown. Thanks! Any more?

Amymnn Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 4:24pm
post #12 of 12

Lucked out and found Nicholas Lodges' DVD at my library! Any other suggestions on DVDS and books? I'm eager to have a list going. Thanks in advance. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%