Rain, Rain And More Rain Or Clouds Or....

Lounge By mellormom Updated 3 Jul 2009 , 2:14am by kellertur

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:33pm
post #1 of 23

How about the rain in MA?! After a whole month of nothing but rain it gets a little old! icon_sad.gif The poor kids! Mine is bouncing off the walls! When does school start again? LOL
Thanks for letting me vent!
Jen...

22 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 23

I'd tell you to send them here, but we won't see clear skys again until Saturday. We've actually had 3 days of straight sunshine here in SE PA, and let me tell you, it is sure welcome. The sun is shining brightly now, but we're doomed to another thunderstorm later today.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 23

Jen, I'll trade ya the 100 degree temps for the rain! icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 23

TexasSugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:33pm
post #5 of 23

playingwithsugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:25pm
post #6 of 23

It started raining an hour ago, now it's pouring. The weatherman said once it started, it would happen all day. He's probably right.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:26pm
post #7 of 23

It started raining an hour ago, now it's pouring. The weatherman said once it started, it would happen all day. He's probably right.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:27pm
post #8 of 23

Theresa icon_smile.gif

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:02pm
post #9 of 23

It's been a sauna down South for over 26 days. Temps been averaging 100's. Would love to get some of your rain. My son and DIL are going to Mattipoisette tomorrow until Saturday. Maybe they can bring up some dry weather for you to enjoy. icon_lol.gif

dldbrou Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:03pm
post #10 of 23

It's been a sauna down South for over 26 days. Temps been averaging 100's. Would love to get some of your rain. My son and DIL are going to Mattipoisette tomorrow until Saturday. Maybe they can bring up some dry weather for you to enjoy. icon_lol.gif

dldbrou Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:04pm
post #11 of 23

dldbrou Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:05pm
post #12 of 23

rgj123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rgj123 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 9:01am
post #13 of 23

Send the rain my way...PLEASE!!! We just had something like 11 days straight with temps over 100 and a terrible drought. icon_cry.gif We were supposed to have had a "cool down" this week with temps around 97 - 99, but I don't think that's happened.

playingwithsugar Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 10:18am
post #14 of 23

If I could lasso these clouds and tow them down there, they sure would be.
Hope you get some relief soon, but not too much, all at once, like here.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:27pm
post #15 of 23

Oh boy I wish we could send this weather down South to you all.

On June 25 our local weather person reported that 20 out of the first 25 days of June were rainy or cloudy.

Today it's POURING, with intense thunder and lightening and right now at 3:30 in the afternoon I have my lamps on in the house because it's so dark.

This is just such depressing weather. icon_sad.gif

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:44pm
post #16 of 23

im in scotland and we are having a bit of a heat wave. its actually humid! its NEVER humid in scotland, certainly not for more than 5 minutes. usually our weather is really middle of the road, not too extreme. i like the heat we had before, but humidity is just nasty.
xx

brincess_b Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:45pm
post #17 of 23

im in scotland and we are having a bit of a heat wave. its actually humid! its NEVER humid in scotland, certainly not for more than 5 minutes. usually our weather is really middle of the road, not too extreme. i like the heat we had before, but humidity is just nasty.
xx

brincess_b Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:46pm
post #18 of 23

xx

brincess_b Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 7:47pm
post #19 of 23

xx

playingwithsugar Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 8:05pm
post #20 of 23

Oh, my goodness, blue sky! Yes, I'm pressing my luck, because they're saying it's going to rain again later. This morning the weather guy said that we were 170% over normal rainfall for June.

I'm happy though, that we're going to have good weather for the 4th. I'm trying to talk my son and his girlfriend into going to a museum in NYC, since we get into some of them free, with our Bank of America cards.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 8:06pm
post #21 of 23

Oh, my goodness, blue sky! Yes, I'm pressing my luck, because they're saying it's going to rain again later. This morning the weather guy said that we were 170% over normal rainfall for June.

I'm happy though, that we're going to have good weather for the 4th. I'm trying to talk my son and his girlfriend into going to a museum in NYC, since we get into some of them free, with our Bank of America cards.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 1:23pm
post #22 of 23

The rain is very depressing! I will send it down south Gladly!
Jen...

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 2:14am
post #23 of 23

I'm also from northern NE, and let's put it this way:

My daughter and I have now taken to going on "slug count walks" instead of our usual walks to the playground, etc.

In our yard, I have organized what we like to call the:
"Slug re-location project". All my plants are in Potters except my sunflowers. The slugs have taken over the marigolds, so I decided to move them to the over-watered broccoli plant... they protested and somehow (without leaving a slime trail) made it back to the marigold plant potter a foot away. icon_confused.gif This is right out of a sci-fi movie... can they jump?
~ Oh, and I've recently gone from being disgusted by slugs to: "awwwww" when I saw the baby slugs. They are actually quite cute. icon_smile.gif

My neighbor finds it odd that I'll handle slugs but I won't eat tomatoes grown in his "poop" garden (chicken manure). I guess I'm a complex woman. icon_rolleyes.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%