Whats Going On? Rant Alert!

Decorating By anabelz01 Updated 30 Jun 2009 , 3:37pm by cinjam

anabelz01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anabelz01 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:15pm
post #1 of 15

I am getting very frustrated with CC right now, not all you lovely ladies (and gents) but with the site itself, finally the borders saying that they are working on the site have come down and today I have had more problems than I care to mention. I have about 5 cakes to upload to the site today, and have so far uploaded 2 and that has taken me ages! one never even made it onto the home page - even though some cakes have made it onto it in triplicate. I'm not going to bother uploading the others (at least for now) if anyone wants to see the new cakes I have worked on then you are welcome to visit my website www.colchestercakes.co.uk (just a draft website at the mo - just somewhere to post pics for friends and family to see them, currently working on my new one - yay).

Anyone else getting frustrated or is it just me? I know everyone said to be patient but the maintenance signs have come down now which tells me that the work is complete? Maybe my message will reach someone who can do something to put it right, maybe it won't but I do feel a whole lot better after a good rant!

Thanks for letting me go on it is much appreciated!

14 replies
loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 15

Hi Anabelz,

Just hang in there for now. CC is a free site and Jackie and Heath are kind enough to host, handle day-to-day issues and moderate. They are on vacation so I am sure they have people covering for them. Try to be patient with them and maybe you could hold off on uploading your photos for a few days. (I'm going to wait too). Hope this helps,

Loriana

loriana Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:23pm
post #3 of 15

Hi Anabelz,

Just hang in there for now. CC is a free site and Jackie and Heath are kind enough to host, handle day-to-day issues and moderate. They are on vacation so I am sure they have people covering for them. Try to be patient with them and maybe you could hold off on uploading your photos for a few days. (I'm going to wait too). Hope this helps,

Loriana

loriana Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 15

Hi Anabelz,

Loriana

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:26pm
post #5 of 15

My only other suggestion would be that you might want to let technical support know you have problems loading pictures in that forum (Technical Support) rather than posting in the 'General' forum. However, it might be a bit before the issue is resolved if Jackie and Heath are on vacation. I have read in the past, that so many pictures are loaded in a day many miss front page altogether... just hang in there for now. Maybe only posting one a day will get better results, and better chances for viewing.

HTH!

Win Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:27pm
post #6 of 15

My only other suggestion would be that you might want to let technical support know you have problems loading pictures in that forum (Technical Support) rather than posting in the 'General' forum. However, it might be a bit before the issue is resolved if Jackie and Heath are on vacation. I have read in the past, that so many pictures are loaded in a day many miss front page altogether... just hang in there for now. Maybe only posting one a day will get better results, and better chances for viewing.

HTH!

Win Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:28pm
post #7 of 15

HTH!

anabelz01 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:26pm
post #8 of 15

Hi sorry this is a duplicate forum there is another thread going too, I know they are on their honeymoon but a site as big as this is bound to have someone watching over it while they are away! And if not then really it was a silly time to decide to do maintenance to the site!

I appreciate the fact they run this for free, it is a truely excellent service and you'll always find me lurking the forums and searching through the pictures, but untill it is back up and running I am going to have to take a break as its driving me nuts! Luckily I'm off on holiday next week so fingers crossed it will be back up and running smoothly when I get back!

Ps I know I can email the tech guys but I assumed they didn't need me telling for the 4 thousanth time! I just needed to have a rant thats all as we all do now and again!

anabelz01 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:27pm
post #9 of 15

Hi sorry this is a duplicate forum there is another thread going too, I know they are on their honeymoon but a site as big as this is bound to have someone watching over it while they are away! And if not then really it was a silly time to decide to do maintenance to the site!

I appreciate the fact they run this for free, it is a truely excellent service and you'll always find me lurking the forums and searching through the pictures, but untill it is back up and running I am going to have to take a break as its driving me nuts! Luckily I'm off on holiday next week so fingers crossed it will be back up and running smoothly when I get back!

Ps I know I can email the tech guys but I assumed they didn't need me telling for the 4 thousanth time! I just needed to have a rant thats all as we all do now and again!

anabelz01 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:28pm
post #10 of 15

cinjam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinjam Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:35pm
post #11 of 15

Well there obviously is a new glitch as seen in this thread: Each post shows up 2-3 times. I also have had numerous issues. I have been holding off on mentioning them until Jackie & Heath return. Hopefully, some things will be fixed then!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:35pm
post #12 of 15

When there are problems going on with the site it is probably not the best time to upload pictures.

Hopefully Jackie and Heath are on their honeymoon. I don't know if they left someone else in control of the tech issues here, but if they did that person is probably working on it, or is trying to figure out what the deal is.

Hang in there, things will get fixed.

cinjam Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:36pm
post #13 of 15

Well there obviously is a new glitch as seen in this thread: Each post shows up 2-3 times. I also have had numerous issues. I have been holding off on mentioning them until Jackie & Heath return. Hopefully, some things will be fixed then!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:36pm
post #14 of 15

When there are problems going on with the site it is probably not the best time to upload pictures.

Hopefully Jackie and Heath are on their honeymoon. I don't know if they left someone else in control of the tech issues here, but if they did that person is probably working on it, or is trying to figure out what the deal is.

Hang in there, things will get fixed.

cinjam Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:37pm
post #15 of 15

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%