Lillies

Decorating By jen4230 Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 6:04pm by jen4230

jen4230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen4230 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 9

Ok I have to make lillies for a wedding cake she wants white ones with the pink in them. I have tried using royal icing they break after days of drying and dont look right, I tried fondant couldnt get them to look right either. Does anybody have any suggestions or tutorail on how to make edible lillies? I need all the help i can get.. icon_redface.gif Thanks ahead of time

8 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 1:38pm
post #2 of 9

Did you add a little piping gel to your royal icing. The first time I did lilies was with a little piping gel added and they came out nice. The next time, the store was out of piping gel and I made them without it, my edges were ragged and they broke easily! HTH (Let's see how many times this pops up!)

2SchnauzerLady Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 1:39pm
post #3 of 9

Did you add a little piping gel to your royal icing. The first time I did lilies was with a little piping gel added and they came out nice. The next time, the store was out of piping gel and I made them without it, my edges were ragged and they broke easily! HTH (Let's see how many times this pops up!)

2SchnauzerLady Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 1:40pm
post #4 of 9

cindy1176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy1176 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 1:59pm
post #5 of 9

I have just learned how to make gum paste lillies. They are very easy (you can find instructions online. They also dry very fast since they are gumpaste. You can color the gumpaste or paint the lillies...much more durable than royal icing. What's with the double posts???

cindy1176 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:00pm
post #6 of 9

I have just learned how to make gum paste lillies. They are very easy (you can find instructions online. They also dry very fast since they are gumpaste. You can color the gumpaste or paint the lillies...much more durable than royal icing.

cindy1176 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:02pm
post #7 of 9

I have just learned how to make gum paste lillies. They are very easy (you can find instructions online. They also dry very fast since they are gumpaste. You can color the gumpaste or paint the lillies...much more durable than royal icing. Look on youtube- tonedna1 has a great tutorial for making lillies.

cindy1176 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:03pm
post #8 of 9

I have just learned how to make gum paste lillies. They are very easy (you can find instructions online. They also dry very fast since they are gumpaste. You can color the gumpaste or paint the lillies...much more durable than royal icing. Look on youtube- tonedna1 has a great tutorial for making lillies.

jen4230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen4230 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 6:04pm
post #9 of 9

I did add piping gel the only other thing i can think of it has been raining here for 2 weeks i wonder if that affecting them. Im taking a fondant gumpaste course right now so hopefully they will come out well...
what is with the double post i posted once and it came up several times?
i will keep trying with the royal icing and add more piping gel maybe that will help icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%