fsinger84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fsinger84 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:27am
post #1 of 1

I could sure use some support right now. I have been wanting to operate my own cupcake based bakery for the past year so I moved back home after graduate school in May. I have been practicing and trying to find a rental kitchen so I can legally start my business. I can't find a job and I have just learned in the last 24 hours that one bakery in town is getting major press for their cupcakes and that another bakery will be opening in August (I burst into tears when I heard this) which has a cupcake focus and they are going to sell cupcakes for only $16 per dozen iced and $24 per dozen iced and decorated. This new bakery is also downtown which is where I wanted to be located and the owner has many downtown connections which lead her to the opportunity. It makes this even harder for me because these are two people I did my undergraduate degree with and they are both younger than me. I am just so frustrated. I wanted to be the first cupcake shop in town but now there will be two predominately cupcake bakery's with a following established already if I ever even get to open up my own place. Does anyone have any success stories to tell? I could really use the encouragement.

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%