Wdyt Of This Buttercream Icing Recipe?

Decorating By Teags Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 3:02am by KitchenKat

Teags Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teags Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:10am
post #1 of 3

- 250g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 300g cream cheese
- 150g unsalted butter, softened

For the butter cream, melt the white chocolate as above, then cool. Transfer to the bowl of an electric mixer, then beat with the cream cheese and softened butter until light and fluffy.

Would this be ok? Would it spread nice and smooth?

I'd love to use one of the popular recipes on here but because i'm in Aus have difficulty finding some of the ingredients. icon_sad.gif

2 replies
KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:01am
post #2 of 3

I use this recipe (or something of similar proportions) for frosting cheesecakes and sometimes, red velvet cakes. It tastes wonderful but it's expensive to make. To rich for butter cakes. Flavor is overpowered by chocolate cakes so kinda pointless to spend so much for it if using with chocolate cakes.

Can make borders piped decorations with it too. For piping I put only a small amount in piping bags. I cool my hands in a bowl of ice water (ouch!) and switch bags as soon as I notice any softening/melting. I set my AC (air conditioner) to "arctic" when I'm working with it.

IMBC (aka mousseline, if made with all butter) & Swiss meringue are all easy to make using readily available ingredients. IMBC is the most stable, even all butter ones. Works for me in hot, hot, humid or dry weather. Even outdoors as long as the cake is in shade.

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:02am
post #3 of 3

I use this recipe (or something of similar proportions) for frosting cheesecakes and sometimes, red velvet cakes. It tastes wonderful but it's expensive to make. To rich for butter cakes. Flavor is overpowered by chocolate cakes so kinda pointless to spend so much for it if using with chocolate cakes.

Can make borders piped decorations with it too. For piping I put only a small amount in piping bags. I cool my hands in a bowl of ice water (ouch!) and switch bags as soon as I notice any softening/melting. I set my AC (air conditioner) to "arctic" when I'm working with it.

IMBC (aka mousseline, if made with all butter) & Swiss meringue are all easy to make using readily available ingredients. IMBC is the most stable, even all butter ones. Works for me in hot, hot, humid or dry weather. Even outdoors as long as the cake is in shade.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%