Cake Boss 6/29/009

Decorating By ccr03 Updated 1 Jul 2009 , 11:55am by adven68

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:43am
post #1 of 28

OMG - I am sooooo tired of this show being staged! Looking for doves in the park??? Come on!

I'm watching the show b/c I think I might learn something, but I don't like the fakeness of it.

27 replies
letem_eat_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letem_eat_cakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 4:58am
post #2 of 28

i am in total agreement. i have seen Buddy on CHallenge and want to learn some of the techniques (especially the flowers) but there is a lot of "staged" problems. that is why i like Ace of Cakes. it is crazy sometimes but it is all real. (or at least it looks like it is.)

letem_eat_cakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 4:59am
post #3 of 28

i am in total agreement. i have seen Buddy on CHallenge and want to learn some of the techniques (especially the flowers) but there is a lot of "staged" problems. that is why i like Ace of Cakes. it is crazy sometimes but it is all real. (or at least it looks like it is.)

letem_eat_cakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:00am
post #4 of 28

letem_eat_cakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:01am
post #5 of 28

edited from multiple posts

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:04am
post #6 of 28

What is up with the multiple posts? WOW, I think CC is on the fritz! icon_biggrin.gif Anyway, I totally agree. I like to watch it cause he is amazing at decorating his cakes but really?!!! The bridezilla last week, catching "doves" in the park! WTH????!!!!!!

sjholderman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjholderman Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:26am
post #7 of 28

Haha that "bridezilla" cracked me up. You better believe that girl would be in a WORLD of pain if she actually ever attempted something like that.

sjholderman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjholderman Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:27am
post #8 of 28

Haha that "bridezilla" cracked me up. You better believe that girl would be in a WORLD of pain if she actually ever attempted something like that.

LittleBigMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBigMomma Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:47am
post #9 of 28

I agree. Less drama and more cakes!!!

LittleBigMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBigMomma Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 6:48am
post #10 of 28

I agree. Less drama and more cakes!!!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:13pm
post #11 of 28

I actually liked last night's show much more than the previous 2. It did show more baking -- not necessarily cakes, but I LOVED seeing how they made those lobster tails!

Was I the only one grossed out when they brought the boxes of ducks and doves right into the kitchen where they bake? I may be mistaken, but I've always thought that birds were pretty germy. Yuck!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:14pm
post #12 of 28

I actually liked last night's show much more than the previous 2. It did show more baking -- not necessarily cakes, but I LOVED seeing how they made those lobster tails!

Was I the only one grossed out when they brought the boxes of ducks and doves right into the kitchen where they bake? I may be mistaken, but I've always thought that birds were pretty germy. Yuck!

cakeychick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeychick Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:31pm
post #13 of 28

I thought last night's show was pretty funny. The looking for doves in the park part had me cracking up. I also thought the mother's reaction to the erotic bachelorette cake was hilaroius. I watch it because it's funny and kinda cool to see what he does with the cakes.

Oh and yeah I would have had to beat that bridezilla down if she tried something like that at my place!

CakesByJen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByJen2 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:31pm
post #14 of 28

Yeah, that had to be a health code violation. I thought the whole idea of birds in or around a cake was totally gross.

I did think the scene of his mom going off on him about the naughty cake was hilarious. Buddy looked like such a little boy who got in big trouble, LOL!

They do need to get away from all the fake, staged incidents. There's got to be enough real drama with a business that size and that many relatives working together! Why stage it? They're not going to keep viewer with all that crap.

cakeychick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeychick Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:32pm
post #15 of 28

I thought last night's show was pretty funny. The looking for doves in the park part had me cracking up. I also thought the mother's reaction to the erotic bachelorette cake was hilaroius. I watch it because it's funny and kinda cool to see what he does with the cakes.

Oh and yeah I would have had to beat that bridezilla down if she tried something like that at my place!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:32pm
post #16 of 28

Yeah - I thought it was kind of weird that they brought the ducks and the doves into the kitchen area. I mean those things have hair that comes out too ya know! Gross!

But I still love the show. It cracks me up! Did you see the preview for next week? The humpty dumpty cake that falls over the stair railing and down the stairs? Now who would do such a dumb thing.

I thought the wedding cake they did with the birds was beautiful. At first I wasn't sure about the birds being in the cake (even in the plexiglass). But it really did turn out wonderful.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:33pm
post #17 of 28

Yeah - I thought it was kind of weird that they brought the ducks and the doves into the kitchen area. I mean those things have hair that comes out too ya know! Gross!

But I still love the show. It cracks me up! Did you see the preview for next week? The humpty dumpty cake that falls over the stair railing and down the stairs? Now who would do such a dumb thing.

I thought the wedding cake they did with the birds was beautiful. At first I wasn't sure about the birds being in the cake (even in the plexiglass). But it really did turn out wonderful.

Laney5454 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laney5454 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:42pm
post #18 of 28

Looking for the doves in the park was stupid. But what I took away from the show is that it seems that Buddy isn't the boss but Mamma is! Unfortunately I missed the Bridezilla episode. More decorating, less drama.

Laney5454 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laney5454 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:43pm
post #19 of 28

Looking for the doves in the park was stupid. But what I took away from the show is that it seems that Buddy isn't the boss but Mamma is! Unfortunately I missed the Bridezilla episode. More decorating, less drama.

N00b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
N00b Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:00am
post #20 of 28

Hurrah! It's great to see lots of other people think the same thing... (that show must be staged!)

The people seem real... and the bakery probably exists... but the situations definitely seem to be pure sitcom...

N00b Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:01am
post #21 of 28

Hurrah! It's great to see lots of other people think the same thing... (that show must be staged!)

The people seem real... and the bakery probably exists... but the situations definitely seem to be pure sitcom...

N00b Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:02am
post #22 of 28

N00b Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:03am
post #23 of 28

N00b Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:04am
post #24 of 28

N00b Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:05am
post #25 of 28

N00b Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 3:06am
post #26 of 28

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 5:35am
post #27 of 28

I was horrified to see live birds treated like that. And I would never eat a cake that had birds on it....gross!!

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 11:55am
post #28 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

I don't think there was anything wonderful about it...they didn't want to come out of the cage!! who on earth would want their baker to be at their reception literally pulling the poor birds (gross) out of their cake, while yelling at the top of his lungs in the process?
not me.

don't even get me started on the park scene. Oh, please.

buddy...please heed our advice...LOSE the staged drama....your cakes are all you need for a successful show!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%