Bag Striping With Whipped Cream

Decorating By yazzie82 Updated 30 Jun 2009 , 3:38am by yazzie82

yazzie82 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:41am
post #1 of 10

I want to make a cake with stabilized whipping cream icing. I was thinking about bag striping for the colors. I know that colors don't come out that bright when using whipping cream and they bleed. does anyone know if the color will bleed if i bag stripe the colors?

9 replies
anesha Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:54am
post #2 of 10

I would say that first it depends on how many colors you use and how close, if you stripe either side then they would be less likely to bleed if using a stiff whipped icing. The biggest factor here is temperature, anytime you introduce dairy and fat into a heated situation, the icings will always melt to some degree. With whipped topping this is absolutely going to happen.

As long as you can prevent condensation or sweating then you should be okay, so I would suggest, if you can, use the stripped whipped icing at the very last minute and do not refrigerate or switch between two drastic temperatures. I hope this helps, if there are anymore questions, let me know I would be glad to help.

anesha Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:55am
post #3 of 10

I would say that first it depends on how many colors you use and how close, if you stripe either side then they would be less likely to bleed if using a stiff whipped icing. The biggest factor here is temperature, anytime you introduce dairy and fat into a heated situation, the icings will always melt to some degree. With whipped topping this is absolutely going to happen.

As long as you can prevent condensation or sweating then you should be okay, so I would suggest, if you can, use the stripped whipped icing at the very last minute and do not refrigerate or switch between two drastic temperatures. I hope this helps, if there are anymore questions, let me know I would be glad to help.

anesha Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:56am
post #4 of 10

anesha Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:57am
post #5 of 10

anesha Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:58am
post #6 of 10

anesha Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:59am
post #7 of 10

Sorry, I didn't mean to flood the post, my computer is acting funny. icon_redface.gif

yazzie82 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:36am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by anesha

The whipping cream i use is non dairy. I use flavor right

yazzie82 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:37am
post #9 of 10
Quote:

yazzie82 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:38am
post #10 of 10
Quote:

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%