Wedding Cake Tasting

Decorating By dan4 Updated 30 Jun 2009 , 12:53am by indydebi

dan4 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 10

I'm just curious as to what everyone does in terms of wedding cake tasting samples... Do you serve 6" cakes, sample pieces only, cupcakes, etc? If you do serve 6" cakes, do you give the bride the leftover cake to take home with her?

9 replies
indydebi Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:40am
post #2 of 10

I bake once for every 9 sampling appts. I bake an 8" square cake, cut it into 9 squares. Place squares in gallon size ziplock and freeze. For the appt, I pull a vanilla square, a choc square and an3rd flavor square out of the freezer to thaw, then serve with dollops of icings and fillings. Attaching a pic of one of the setups I have used. The couple then mix-n-matches the icings/fillings, cakes to see what pops on their taste buds!
LL

indydebi Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:41am
post #3 of 10

I bake once for every 9 sampling appts. I bake an 8" square cake, cut it into 9 squares. Place squares in gallon size ziplock and freeze. For the appt, I pull a vanilla square, a choc square and an3rd flavor square out of the freezer to thaw, then serve with dollops of icings and fillings. Attaching a pic of one of the setups I have used. The couple then mix-n-matches the icings/fillings, cakes to see what pops on their taste buds!
LL

indydebi Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:42am
post #4 of 10

LL

indydebi Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:43am
post #5 of 10

LL

indydebi Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:44am
post #6 of 10

LL

indydebi Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:50am
post #7 of 10

LL

indydebi Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:51am
post #8 of 10

LL

indydebi Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:52am
post #9 of 10

LL

indydebi Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:53am
post #10 of 10

LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%