Gumpaste Or Fondant Covered Graham Crackers

Decorating By mamabrat13 Updated 30 Jun 2009 , 5:18am by mamabrat13

mamabrat13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamabrat13 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know if you can cover graham crackers in fondant or gumpaste? I'm collaborating with my sis-in-law on a Snoopy cake for my niece. I'm trying to figure out how to make a small Snoopy dog house, and I was thinking that I could make one out of graham crackers. TIA for your help!

5 replies
MrsMabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMabe Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 10:48pm
post #2 of 6

I've never done that, but one thing to keep in mind is that when Graham crackers sit out they get soft. So if you do it, build the house last minute so it doesn't collapse.

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 10:55pm
post #3 of 6

I think if you use graham crackers they will get soft because you would have to moisten them to adhere the fondant. The slightest amount of moisture on the cracker will make it too soft to hold the shape.
Could you use rice krispie treats to mold the dog house or maybe use a mixture of fondant and gumpaste and make panels, maybe the same as you would the graham crackers, then assemble them like a doghouse.

Just some ideas...hope it helps.

mamabrat13 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:16am
post #4 of 6

Thanks-you are both right-I never stopped to think about that! I guess that isn't a very good idea. I will have to think about this some more-anyone else have any ideas?

mamabrat13 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:17am
post #5 of 6

Thanks-you are both right-I never stopped to think about that! I guess that isn't a very good idea. I will have to think about this some more-anyone else have any ideas?

mamabrat13 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 5:18am
post #6 of 6

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%