Scott Clark Wooley Dvds- Are They Worth The Money????

Business By Isaby Updated 2 Jul 2009 , 5:55pm by Isaby

Isaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Isaby Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 9:44pm
post #1 of 17

Hi fellow CCers!

I came across the Scott Clark Wooley DVDs for his sugar flowers in my search for expanding my knowledge. There are limited classes in my area, and I really want to further my flower-making skills. His look amazing. Do any of you own these DVDs? If so, could you share your thoughts on them? It would be great to get some feedback before I spend all that money on them.

Thanks!!!!!

16 replies
cakewalkky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewalkky Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 11:05pm
post #2 of 17

I own one and I think it's really good. After checking around though, they are really pricey - I should have checked first. I probably won't buy another one from him though - just too expensive even though they are good quality. I do like his products though and he is very nice and good to deal with. When I order, I get the stuff in about 2 days - always.

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 1:55am
post #3 of 17

Hi Isaby,

Ooooh, finally a post I can totally comment on with 150% assurity!

Ok, first off, I RAVE about Scott. He is a great person, extremely talented and his book is worth every cent! His DVD's are expensive but I highly recommend you look into buy his book instead. It's a GREAT book and I use it very very frequently. He has incredibly good prices on his silicon veiners and cutters and I buy them often too. Good quality all round. Instead of buying the DVD I would buy 1) his book and this book which I use equally often: 2)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1847731228/?tag=cakecentral-20

Hope this helps!
PS-Do a search for Alan Dunn on Amazon. All of Alan Dunn's books are wonderful and you don't need a DVD, he shows step by steps.

loriana Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 1:56am
post #4 of 17

Hi Isaby,

Ok, first off, I RAVE about Scott. He is a great person, extremely talented and his book is worth every cent! His DVD's are expensive but I highly recommend you look into buy his book instead. It's a GREAT book and I use it very very frequently. He has incredibly good prices on his silicon veiners and cutters and I buy them often too. Good quality all round. Instead of buying the DVD I would buy 1) his book and this book which I use equally often: 2)

Hope this helps!
PS-Do a search for Alan Dunn on Amazon. All of Alan Dunn's books are wonderful and you don't need a DVD, he shows step by steps.

loriana Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 1:56am
post #5 of 17

Hi Isaby,

Hope this helps!

cakewalkky Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:05am
post #6 of 17

You know - I agree. I have his book too. And I love it. To be fair, even though the DVD's are expensive, it still beats what you would spend going to a weekend class, fees plus room, meals, blah, blah. So if you look at it that way, maybe it's not that expensive. I've learned alot from him and it IS nice to be able to go back and view them again.

cakewalkky Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:06am
post #7 of 17

You know - I agree. I have his book too. And I love it. To be fair, even though the DVD's are expensive, it still beats what you would spend going to a weekend class, fees plus room, meals, blah, blah. So if you look at it that way, maybe it's not that expensive. I've learned alot from him and it IS nice to be able to go back and view them again.

cakewalkky Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:07am
post #8 of 17

cakewalkky Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:08am
post #9 of 17

cakewalkky Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:09am
post #10 of 17

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:17am
post #11 of 17

his dvd's are worth every dime ,you pay for them. i have them all. he is a great teacher on these dvd's . and so nice to deal with . i have his book also. i have to add. also. nick lodge is great too.. at his school.. his books.. at demos at convention.. and anywhere i can take a class with him..

icer101 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:18am
post #12 of 17

his dvd's are worth every dime ,you pay for them. i have them all. he is a great teacher on these dvd's . and so nice to deal with . i have his book also. i have to add. also. nick lodge is great too.. at his school.. his books.. at demos at convention.. and anywhere i can take a class with him..

icer101 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:19am
post #13 of 17

icer101 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:20am
post #14 of 17

icer101 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:21am
post #15 of 17

Isaby Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 5:52pm
post #16 of 17

Thank you everyone who replied! I will look into to you suggestions. It really is cheaper than going to the actual class, that would involve alot for me. Thanks again!

Isaby Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 5:55pm
post #17 of 17

Thank you everyone who replied! I will look into to you suggestions. It really is cheaper than going to the actual class, that would involve alot for me. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%