Deal Alert- Dh Cake Mix Half Off

Decorating By johnson6ofus Updated 2 Jul 2009 , 5:28pm by GayeG

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 29

May be wrong forum, but Duncan Hines cake mixes are 97 cents at Super Target (Austin, TX) and you can print out a 50 cent coupon from their kiosk at customer service (or 10X) and get DH cake mix for 47 cents this week, ends 7/4/09. Your market may vary, but check it out. You can always look in your area by going to the Target website and adding your zip code. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

28 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 29

Thanks for the alert - I'm going to check here in Virginia - just bought it for 99 cents at Target here, but I did not think to check at customer service kiosk for coupons!

johnson6ofus Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 29

YW- the kiosk has the baby / wedding registry. Scroll to the bottom and they have a link for "grocery coupons". This week is strawberries ($1 off-yum) and ice cream and of course the DH cake mix. I love a half off deal. Stocking up for sure...

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 8:10pm
post #4 of 29

TNT-- Please let me know, I'm on the peninsula, so I'm sure it should be the same...

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 8:10pm
post #5 of 29

And Target will ALSO stack coupons - which means if you have another coupon for say .50 off then you get it for FREE!! Now - THATS MY KINDA DEAL!!

justme50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justme50 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 8:14pm
post #6 of 29

You can also print the coupons from their website but it's a little hard to stock up since the coupon is one per transaction. Guess I'll have to bring lots of friends with me!

Thanks for the heads up!.

johnson6ofus Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 9:12pm
post #7 of 29

I have NEVER had them limit me to one. I get 10 boxes and 10 coupons... icon_smile.gif

justme50 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 10:11pm
post #8 of 29

I'll give it a try, I just noticed on the coupon that it says 1 per transaction. I don't shop Target much so not familiar with how strictly they enforce the rules.

GayeG Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 11:07pm
post #9 of 29

Ive never had them limit me either ... I shop sell items at Target all the time - THEY are the ones who taught me HOW to stack coupons!! The cashier was talking to me about all my coupons and such, and said .. You really need to do it this way, and Man O Man has it ever saved me DOUGH these last few years!!

So yep - I do it just like johnson6ofus does it! Buy 10? Use 10!

Angfastic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angfastic Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:48am
post #10 of 29

Thanks for the info!! I went after I saw your post and I got 10 boxes and used a coupon for each. I think the coupon I printed out was good until 7/18. I plan on going back again this week. Also picked up some strawberries and a bag of broccoli icon_smile.gif.

Angfastic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angfastic Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 12:48am
post #11 of 29

Thanks for the info!! I went after I saw your post and I got 10 boxes and used a coupon for each. I think the coupon I printed out was good until 7/18. I plan on going back again this week. Also picked up some strawberries and a bag of broccoli icon_smile.gif.

johnson6ofus Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:00am
post #12 of 29

yup- thought it was a good find for fellow CCers. Happy baking.

Glad it worked for you.... I think the "limit one per transaction" is one box + one coupon version, as opposed to limit one box.

Bad for my diet.... thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif but great for the pocket book thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

johnson6ofus Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:01am
post #13 of 29

Glad it worked for you.... I think the "limit one per transaction" is one box + one coupon version, as opposed to limit one box.

Bad for my diet.... thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif but great for the pocket book thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

johnson6ofus Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:02am
post #14 of 29

johnson6ofus Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:03am
post #15 of 29

WOW- sorry- What's up with the multiple posts? My connection? I swear I hit "submit" only once. icon_confused.gif

justme50 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:13pm
post #16 of 29

You were right! They gave me no problems whatsoever using multiple coupons.

I did have some problems though. The first Target I went to was out of white so I asked if they had any in the back and the person working groceries told me that Target didn't carry Duncan Hines white. I said she must be joking and she said..."nope, you won't find a store that carries just plain old white cake mix anymore..who wants that anyway?"...Ugh!

I just went up to the service desk and asked them to call another Target for me and they were as nice as could be. I ended up with 20 boxes so I'm set for at least a while.

Thanks so much for the tip!

justme50 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 10:14pm
post #17 of 29

You were right! They gave me no problems whatsoever using multiple coupons.

I did have some problems though. The first Target I went to was out of white so I asked if they had any in the back and the person working groceries told me that Target didn't carry Duncan Hines white. I said she must be joking and she said..."nope, you won't find a store that carries just plain old white cake mix anymore..who wants that anyway?"...Ugh!

I just went up to the service desk and asked them to call another Target for me and they were as nice as could be. I ended up with 20 boxes so I'm set for at least a while.

Thanks so much for the tip!

GayeG Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 11:43pm
post #18 of 29

Hooray!! Good for you!! Dont 'cha just LOVE a good deal!?!

GayeG Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 11:44pm
post #19 of 29

GayeG Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 11:45pm
post #20 of 29

johnson6ofus Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:18am
post #21 of 29

Glad it worked... I never had problems at Target with this multiple purchase. I knew CCers would "eat this up"...lol....

johnson6ofus Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:19am
post #22 of 29

Glad it worked... I never had problems at Target with this multiple purchase. I knew CCers would "eat this up"...lol....

johnson6ofus Posted 1 Jul 2009 , 2:20am
post #23 of 29

johnson6ofus Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 4:55am
post #24 of 29

Bump...I don't want anyone to miss 1/2 off who need this.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 4:41pm
post #25 of 29

Please tell me about stacking coupons, I've never heard of it.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 4:50pm
post #26 of 29

just did this, thanks to your heads up, a couple of days ago. bought 31 boxes of choc, butter, and french vanilla...the only problem i had is that i didn't realize this wasn't an automatic store discount. i ended up paying the full $1.29 per box at the register, then had to go to the customer service and have them make 30 copies of the original coupon, and then refund the difference.

sweet deal!!

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 4:53pm
post #27 of 29

My ohio meijers also has Dhines on sale this week 10 for 10 get the 11th free. They carry lots of different kinds too. I got 55 boxes. Some were different flavors I havent had before just to give em a try. Im gonna stop a couple more times this week before the sale is off.

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 4:56pm
post #28 of 29

My ohio meijers also has Dhines on sale this week 10 for 10 get the 11th free. They carry lots of different kinds too. I got 55 boxes. Some were different flavors I havent had before just to give em a try. Im gonna stop a couple more times this week before the sale is off.

GayeG Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 5:28pm
post #29 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Please tell me about stacking coupons, I've never heard of it.

Hi Tiggy!
Stacking coupons means you can use 1 store coupon and 1 reg manufactuors coupon - and its usually up to $1 - for the same item.

So if you have a Target coupon for .47 off the DH which is .97 that would be .50 then use a manuf. coupon for another .50 = FREE DH!
Ive only found Target, CVS and Walgreens around here that stack - but check your area ... its sooooo worth it!! I LOVE FREE!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%