Hopefully Not True

Decorating By Yankie Updated 30 Jun 2009 , 3:03pm by bobwonderbuns

SUELA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUELA Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:01pm
post #31 of 32

I am a WMI in Canada at a Michael's and this is our stores best year ever overall.....our store's Wilton sign ups are ranked 4th in Canada as of last month and most of our course 1's are at capacity (15 students). Between two of us we run 6-7 classes a week. There are even some Wilton products we can't keep in stock long, such as fondant and the professional tool caddies.

A few years back they started restructuring and I know some nights there are barely any associates in the store, along with few customers. I do know that Michael's is holding off opening some new stores, as not to spread themselves too thin. However, it could be possible that some stores may see closure. It's the reality of today's market.

In terms of stock...let Michael's know. There is a survey that requests feedback on the stores...you can let them know if someone in the store had great customer service, but also if there is something you would like to see. Often you will get it on your receipt.

I just wanted to share my point of view that it's not all bad everywhere.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:03pm
post #32 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffy

My husband read the article about 30days ago on cnnfn is the financial news network. They had them listed as one of the retailers that might not make it past this year along with Barnes and Nobles,Claires,blockbuster and some other ones. Aparently they are on a death watch lost that's what they call it. Aparently Univision, rite aids too, you can go to market watch. Com and look it up

Barnes and Noble too?? Say it isn't so!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%