Pooh Bear Massacre!!!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By rvercher23 Updated 22 Jul 2009 , 4:59am by geri4292adams

rvercher23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvercher23 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 32

I cannot believe what my 2 year old did to my gumpaste pooh bear figurines. This is what I woke up to! I am so mad! I guess it a good thing that it is for a friend and not due till tomorrow!
LL

31 replies
angelicconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelicconfections Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 4:01pm
post #2 of 32

ouch! so sorry, how very frustrating! My kids have wrecked things too, licked the frosting off a customer cake, my son once sneezed all over a tray that held a couple hundred pink rosebuds for a 1st communion cake.

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 5:26pm
post #3 of 32

Oh the humanity! icon_eek.gif

I'm sure your 2 year just thought that mommy had made nice toys to play with. icon_lol.gif

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 32

He/she was just trying to play with pooh mommy! icon_biggrin.gif

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 6:03pm
post #5 of 32

I took a second look....poor pooh and piglet!!!!! I'm so sorry! I know how long these figurines take!!!!!!!!

chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 6:11pm
post #6 of 32

the bright side is, tigger is still bouncy! so sry this happened. eeyore doesnt look too bad either, just an ear fell off. the things kids do... icon_rolleyes.gif

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 6:21pm
post #7 of 32

oh wow!...I think they went to sugar heaven...sorry about it!
Edna

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 6:23pm
post #8 of 32

Pooh and piglet are in better hands now.

May peace be on earth.

cdavis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdavis Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 6:25pm
post #9 of 32

My little cake wreckers are now 21 and 24 and I never see them anymore. I'd make them each a set if it meant I got to see them.

chefjess819 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 10:24pm
post #10 of 32

meaning no offence to anyone, but why in every forum topic, there is always at least 1 person who has to try to make it about themselves? the post is about someone getting frustrated b/c her figurines were, well, decomposed, by her children. not like she said, i hate my kids and never want to see them again after what they did to pooh. i'm sure everyone who makes a cake has at least 1 prob with kids and cakes at some time. mine stuck her hand right into my toronto maple leaf cake. people just need to let the OP rant, vent, then go on, and not make it about themselves. tapedshut.gif

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 10:33pm
post #11 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefjess819

meaning no offence to anyone, but why in every forum topic, there is always at least 1 person who has to try to make it about themselves? the post is about someone getting frustrated b/c her figurines were, well, decomposed, by her children. not like she said, i hate my kids and never want to see them again after what they did to pooh. i'm sure everyone who makes a cake has at least 1 prob with kids and cakes at some time. mine stuck her hand right into my toronto maple leaf cake. people just need to let the OP rant, vent, then go on, and not make it about themselves. tapedshut.gif

Whoa...I don't think anyone is trying to make it about themselves. I think it makes the OP feel better to know that she's not alone. My two year took a whole top tier off a cake before and I thought man, I've got to be the ONLY one that has these quick fingered kiddies...LOL

oops didn't mean to make that about myself...just want the OP to know that we've all been there.

cdavis Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 10:35pm
post #12 of 32

I totally wasn't trying to make this about myself, just trying to remind the poster that there will be a day when she won't have that problem. Maybe she's not the only one having a bad day. icon_confused.gif

chefjess819 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 10:47pm
post #13 of 32

what i was refering to was when it was said I'd make them each a set if it meant I got to see them.

i had a post about a month ago where someone told me that one day i would miss my parents and how she didnt get to bake for them anymore and how she would bake a cake if it meant having them back. why is everyone so depressed all the time?? i just get tired of people trying to make the OP feel like crap when they rant about how their kids wrecked something. that's all i was saying.

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 10:48pm
post #14 of 32

sorry for the accident....and cdavis your comments were very acceptable and many of us feel the same way.

i went and read a lot of old posts we all put a lot of "I" into our comments, isn't that why we come to this site, to share.

rvercher23 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 10:50pm
post #15 of 32

Thanks for all the stories. This was not the first time my son has "helped" me with a cake, and I am sure it wont be the last!!! I redid my figures and while they are not the best looking now, at least they are not disfigured!!!
LL

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 10:58pm
post #16 of 32

Good save!! They look great.

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 11:05pm
post #17 of 32

Great redo and by your post title it sounds like you had a good sense of humor about it. icon_smile.gif
It gave me a chuckle and made me sad for you at the same time!

rvercher23 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 11:08pm
post #18 of 32

Yeah, no matter what my 2 year old does, I never stay mad at him, I always laugh at what he does!!!!! He's my lovable trouble maker!!!!

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 11:11pm
post #19 of 32

great job (and now go hide them)

cdavis Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 11:33pm
post #20 of 32

[quote="chefjess819"]what i was refering to was when it was said I'd make them each a set if it meant I got to see them.

i had a post about a month ago where someone told me that one day i would miss my parents and how she didnt get to bake for them anymore and how she would bake a cake if it meant having them back. why is everyone so depressed all the time?? i just get tired of people trying to make the OP feel like crap when they rant about how their kids wrecked something. that's all i was saying.[/quote]

You assume too much. I'm not depressed and not trying to make anyone feel like crap. If someone made you feel bad maybe it's because you have issues. Kids are a blessing even if they are curious and unintentionally destructive. That's all I was saying.

To the OP --- Good save on the figures. It takes real talent to make them once, much less twice.

cdavis Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 11:34pm
post #21 of 32

duplicate

cdavis Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 11:36pm
post #22 of 32

duplicate

cdavis Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 11:37pm
post #23 of 32

duplicate

cdavis Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 11:38pm
post #24 of 32

duplicate

jensenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jensenscakes Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:54am
post #25 of 32

You did a great job on repairing those figures. I hope your son will sleep tonight after all that sugar. icon_lol.gif

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 8:24pm
post #26 of 32

Anybody else disturbed by the fact that he appeared to eats the heads first? icon_lol.gif

He is just keeping you on your toes and helping you to hone your skills! Anything worth doing is worth doing twice....right? icon_lol.gif

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 8:25pm
post #27 of 32

Anybody else disturbed by the fact that he appeared to eats the heads first? icon_lol.gif

He is just keeping you on your toes and helping you to hone your skills! Anything worth doing is worth doing twice....right? icon_lol.gif

vtcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vtcake Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 5:05pm
post #28 of 32

Maybe escape-proof the child's room so he/she can't get into trouble while Mommy's still sleeping!

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 5:25pm
post #29 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandmollie

Nope.

Heads are the tastiest parts, anybody who massacres candy figurines knows THAT! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Unless it's a chocolate easter bunny; then the tastiest part is the ears. icon_wink.gif

sara91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sara91 Posted 2 Jul 2009 , 5:40pm
post #30 of 32

Well done, they have turned out well. Kids love to 'help' out when they can.

I'll add my 2 cents worth. I think it is nice to hear about other peoples situations. By talking to others about our feelings and thoughts, I think it brings depth and humanity to the forum.

Why would someone saying they missed their children be offensive?

If someone is depressed about their parents dying, what is wrong with saying that on the forum? We don't know an individuals circumstances, why judge?

This is a great community, where people are very supportive and helpful with more than just 'cake stuff'

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%