Rolled Fondant ?

Decorating By sandra05 Updated 30 Jun 2009 , 3:52pm by Shelly4481

sandra05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandra05 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 2:46pm
post #1 of 7

I'VE BEEN PRACTICING FOR AN UPCOMING WEDDING . I MADE A SMALL CAKE FOR PRACTICE . I COVERED IT IN FONDANT . IT TURNED OUT BEAUTIFUL, BUT IT TOOK ME FOR EVER TO DO. THE FONDANT KEPT STICKING TO THE COUNTER, AND WHEN I FINALLY GOT IT TO ROLL OVER THE ROLLING PIN , IT WAS STICKING TOGETHER. I MADE MY OWN FONDANT. I DID NOT LET SIT OVER NIGHT. SHOULD I HAVE WAITED TO USE. THE FONDANT DID NOT CRACK ON ME. I'M PLANNING ON COVERING A 4 TIER HEART SHAPED CAKE FOR THE WEDDING IN FONDANT . I NEED HELP, DON'T WANT ANY LAST MINUTE DISASTERS. icon_confused.gif

6 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 7

Just so you know, when you type in all caps, people will think you're yelling at them. It's a bit harder to read too icon_biggrin.gif

To answer your question, fondant will get less sticky as it sits overnight. Try rolling it out on a piece of clear vinyl (about $3 at the fabric store), and dust the vinyl and the top of the fondant with corn starch if it seems to be sticking. If you use the vinyl, you can pick it up and flip the fondant over your cake instead of putting it on the rolling pin, if that's easier for you.

sandra05 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 7

thanks, for your help.

sandra05 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 7

thanks, for your help.

Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 7

Also when I do a big piece of fondant, occasionally I will roll then lift up half of it put more powdered sugar or cornstarch, lift up other side do the same. Roll more. I end up doing it a few times till I get the size I need. The fondant I use is usually pretty soft so I have to do this. It never cracks.

Shelly4481 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:51pm
post #6 of 7

Also when I do a big piece of fondant, occasionally I will roll then lift up half of it put more powdered sugar or cornstarch, lift up other side do the same. Roll more. I end up doing it a few times till I get the size I need. The fondant I use is usually pretty soft so I have to do this. It never cracks.

Shelly4481 Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:52pm
post #7 of 7

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%