Atlast I Made My First Mmf Cake..still Have A Question

Decorating By diamondsmom Updated 29 Jun 2009 , 8:48pm by MrsNancyB1

diamondsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsmom Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 10:33am
post #1 of 7

Thanks to everyone that helped me me out with all my questions. Finally my very very first fondant cake. It was a hit at the party and it tasted great. Did the yellow version of the WASC and the chocolate version. Filled with Buttersream and reasberry filling.

I have 2 batches of MMF left over I made 4 batches and didn't use all. Can i keep it for my sons 1st birthday cake on July 12th? Do I keep it in the refrigerator or can i keep it in an airtight container?

Check out my cake in my photos any tips and comments would be greatful for my next cake

Thanks again.

6 replies
letem_eat_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letem_eat_cakes Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 10:40am
post #2 of 7

adorable cake. you can keep the MMF in an airtight container in the counter for several weeks.

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 10:58am
post #3 of 7

I keep mine for a while, in the container wrapped up really good. I wouldnt put it in the fridge.

diamondsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsmom Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 12:56pm
post #4 of 7

Thankyou

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:44pm
post #5 of 7

I've noticed when I leave MMF on the counter for a few weeks, it gets a sour smell. If I'm storing it for a while, I wrap the ziplock bag in foil and put it in the freezer.

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:51pm
post #6 of 7

I do like Texas Rose does - I freeze it ALL the time - I even make extra on the days Im making it so I can put it in the freezer for future us - You can freeze white or colored! Just wrap tight, pop it into a ziplock and make sure its airtight .. then when you need to use it, just pull whatever you need outta your ziplock - put on your counter for a few hours w/o unwrapping it from the plastic wrap - then use as normal ... the ONLY thing Ive found so far was my black, it seemed a little wetter than the others, so I just kneaded in a little cornstrach and it was fine icon_smile.gif

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 8:48pm
post #7 of 7

I just wanted to tell you how beautiful your cake turned out!! I'm also gearing up to make my very first MMF cake for my son's birthday on the 11th, and now I feel much more confident after seeing yours. I'm also planning a stacked cake, with circle cutouts and maybe a pearl border....

Yours looks wonderful! I hope mine turns out that good. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%