Cupcake Bouquet

Decorating By kissmeandcstars Updated 26 Jul 2006 , 3:00am by SugarFrosted

kissmeandcstars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kissmeandcstars Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 2:27am
post #1 of 21

Hi everyone -

I had downloaded the directions to do a Cupcake Bouquet but I can't find the post that I got them from! I want to look at the pictures again before I do them tomorrow night. Anyone remember this? The pics were great - figures I forgot to save them icon_sad.gif

Help!

jennifer

20 replies
dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 2:47am
post #2 of 21

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=12&pos=127

Could I get those instructions too?? Where are they? Thanks!!

dodi

kissmeandcstars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kissmeandcstars Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 3:01am
post #3 of 21

Here are the directions that I thought I got from someone on here. They were already posted so hopefully the author doesn't mind that I posted them again.

"Here are the instructions on how to make the cupcake bouquets with some pictures also
Supplies:
19 cupcakes
19 5 oz. plastic cups
30 inches of cake ruffle (whatever color matches your theme)
One 10 1/2 inch plastic plate
Stapler
Icing Tip # 2D
Decorations (Theme of your choice, use cake toppers for the center and you may use cupcake picks, sugar layons, edible sprinkles, cupcake rings, etc. to decorate all 19 cupcakes.

Instructions:
First begin with stapling the 19 cups together. Get one cup as the center and staple 6 cups around that one cup, then staples the remainder 12 cups all around the 6 cups, it will then give you a shape of a bouquet. ( I attached a picture so you can see what it has to look like)
Second get your 10" plate and cut out the edges. Then staple the cake ruffle all around the plate.
Third, insert your 19 cupcakes in each cup.
Fourth, lets decorate!! You will need your icing tip 2D with your frosting ( the frosting can be anykind you want as long as its white. Example buttercream or pastry pride whip topping.
Using tip and icing decorate the cupcakes. You can color the icing with cupcake color mist or you can color the icing before you decorate with icing color die. Then put the spinkles all around the top of icing. Then in the center put your main cake topper. Last put the rest of decorations on each cupacke like picks, rings, and sugar layons.

Last if you want to transport the cupcakes in your car, use a 14" cake box and cut the top off the box and cut a 10" circle in the center of the top you cut off. After you cut the circle out fold the sides of the top 2 times then insert the top inside your 14" box. That will keep the cupcakes from moving anywhere. Place the cupcake bouquet w/plate in your 14"box."

Whoever wrote this - speak up! I want to thank you for the very clear instructions. I know you originally had pictures but I guess I didn't get them! THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 1:46pm
post #4 of 21

WOW, that sounds too cool!. I can't wait to try it.

Winnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Winnie Posted 22 Aug 2005 , 2:06pm
post #5 of 21

http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=4&threadid=82800

I saw this on the wilton site...maybe it will be what you are looking for. I just typed in cupcake bouquet on my search engine and it bought up several different ideas for cupcake bouquets.

teesme2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teesme2000 Posted 16 Jun 2006 , 6:42am
post #6 of 21

Ok, what is the deal with the plate ?? At what point is this used ?? Just to attach the ruffle to ?? And then what ?? I'm feeling pretty stupid tonight. I have read these directions like 1000000 times and I can't figure it out. icon_cry.gif

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 16 Jun 2006 , 7:55am
post #7 of 21

It may be that she left out a little instruction about that (maybe the cups are supposed to be hot-glued to the plate or something?) but it seems to me the plate is to give the bouquet a stable level base. The cups are all stapled together, which would make their bottoms, as a group, be curved up in the middle.
Anyway, what do I know? I am just guessing.

The bouquets are lovely though, in those pics on the Wilton site. thumbs_up.gif

mid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mid Posted 16 Jun 2006 , 8:06am
post #8 of 21

Can you post the picture of the bouquet cupcakes.....I couldn't find any here. Thanks icon_eek.gif

mid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mid Posted 16 Jun 2006 , 8:22am
post #9 of 21

Dump of me.....sorry guys...I've found it... icon_redface.gif

SugarFrosted Posted 16 Jun 2006 , 8:55am
post #10 of 21

I found this doing a google search "cupcake bouquet"
LL

MissJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissJ Posted 16 Jun 2006 , 6:56pm
post #11 of 21

That's really unique.....If anyone knows how it's done would you provide instructions. thumbs_up.gif

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 3:07am
post #12 of 21

Has anybody made this? Wondering how it is served. Do you get icihg all over your fingers picking up the cupcakes?

SugarFrosted Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 3:55am
post #13 of 21

I don't see how you could NOT get icing all over your fingers icon_confused.gif

MissyTex Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 11:54am
post #14 of 21

Yeah, it seems like you would get icing all over your fingers grabbing your cupcake. This might be OK for a kid's party, but not for a more formal party. I just love this idea and am playing around with it. Thought it would be pretty for a bridal shower.

JamesSweetie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamesSweetie Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 11:59am
post #15 of 21

That is an awesome idea, I'll have to try that sometime! icon_lol.gif

Concerning getting icing all over your fingers, if you see in the above picture with the baby's breath, the icing is not to the edges. You could easily take a cupcake without getting icing on your fingers. As long as the liner isn't completely hidden, you would just pull it up from the sides if the icing were to the edge. Basically the same deal as a cupcake cake thumbs_up.gif

MissJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissJ Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 1:48pm
post #16 of 21

still just wanting to know if anyone knows how this is set up and how it stays in place.

SugarFrosted Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 10:36pm
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesSweetie

Concerning getting icing all over your fingers, if you see in the above picture with the baby's breath, the icing is not to the edges. You could easily take a cupcake without getting icing on your fingers. As long as the liner isn't completely hidden, you would just pull it up from the sides if the icing were to the edge. Basically the same deal as a cupcake cake thumbs_up.gif

This is the one with the icing problem, not the baby's breath one:
LL

JamesSweetie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamesSweetie Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 12:03am
post #18 of 21

There is no photo of that to the side, it doesn't show how deep in the cups the cupcakes are and if they could be pulled from the cup by the liner. As you can tell that bouquet was most likely for children, who are not going to mind getting icing on their fingers. My response was to Missy who said that at a kid's party it would be okay but for something formal you wouldn't want icing all over your guest's fingers (where in that formal bouquet, that wouldn't happen). Plus icing is easily licked off, lol icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

MissyTex Posted 23 Jun 2006 , 1:46pm
post #19 of 21

I mean if you frost them all like they are all one bouquet. Not like the photo above. Check out the pics by the lady on the Wilton site. She frosts them all.

ashlymomx2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashlymomx2 Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 12:21am
post #20 of 21

If you take your cupcake from the outside and work your way in, you can probably keep fingers clean. It seems like a cute idea for all occassions. I would love if someone could explain what to do witht the plate and lace/ribbon thing??

SugarFrosted Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 3:00am
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFrosted

... it seems to me the plate is to give the bouquet a stable level base. The cups are all stapled together, which would make their bottoms, as a group, be curved up in the middle.

That ^^^^^ was from page 1 of this thread. It is what I will do if I ever make one of these.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%