Ribbon Roses (Rolled Up Fondant Roses?)

Decorating By pattiverde Updated 29 Jun 2009 , 5:22pm by pattiverde

pattiverde Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:44am
post #1 of 6

Hi all!

Can someone tell me how to make those cute little rolled-up-fondant roses? I think they're called "ribbon roses". I've tried to make them and they just end up looking like rolled up fondant...

Thank you!

icon_smile.gif patti

p.s. I'm hoping to upload some photos soon! I only recently got a digital camera, so most of my pics are non-digital, so I've got a bit of work to do to get them on here.

5 replies
ApplegumKitchen Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:52am
post #2 of 6

There are heaps of video tutorials on You Tube - just type in Ribbon Roses and take your pic..... It is so much easier to SHOW somebody than to try and explain it icon_smile.gif

jenna15 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:53am
post #3 of 6

if you look in the galleries under sketches patterns and templates page 6 there are four pics on how to make Duff style ribbon roses....I tried it this way and loved the result! good luck, hope this helps!


ninatat Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:33pm
post #4 of 6

If you take 3 circles and have each one not quite in the middle just roll them, you can cat in have and you have your rose or you can take a strip of fondant fold it over and roll that way pinching lightly at the bottom and you can shape them that way. hope it helps

cupcakemkr Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:40pm
post #5 of 6

Here you go!

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing your photos!

pattiverde Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 5:22pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much!! I watched the video and it was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

icon_smile.gif patti

Quote by @%username% on %date%