Ribbon Roses (Rolled Up Fondant Roses?)

Decorating By pattiverde Updated 29 Jun 2009 , 5:22pm by pattiverde

pattiverde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattiverde Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:44am
post #1 of 6

Hi all!

Can someone tell me how to make those cute little rolled-up-fondant roses? I think they're called "ribbon roses". I've tried to make them and they just end up looking like rolled up fondant...

Thank you!

icon_smile.gif patti

p.s. I'm hoping to upload some photos soon! I only recently got a digital camera, so most of my pics are non-digital, so I've got a bit of work to do to get them on here.

5 replies
ApplegumKitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumKitchen Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:52am
post #2 of 6

There are heaps of video tutorials on You Tube - just type in Ribbon Roses and take your pic..... It is so much easier to SHOW somebody than to try and explain it icon_smile.gif

jenna15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenna15 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:53am
post #3 of 6

if you look in the galleries under sketches patterns and templates page 6 there are four pics on how to make Duff style ribbon roses....I tried it this way and loved the result! good luck, hope this helps!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&aid=121&pageID=6

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:33pm
post #4 of 6

If you take 3 circles and have each one not quite in the middle just roll them, you can cat in have and you have your rose or you can take a strip of fondant fold it over and roll that way pinching lightly at the bottom and you can shape them that way. hope it helps

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:40pm
post #5 of 6

Here you go!

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing your photos!

pattiverde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattiverde Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 5:22pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much!! I watched the video and it was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

icon_smile.gif patti

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%