3D Elephant - Feed 60 Ppl

Decorating By catin Updated 29 Jun 2009 , 1:59am by catin

catin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catin Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 6

Need help with determining how much Cake I would need to feed 60 ppl once a sculpt out the elephant ?

I have no problem with sculpting ...its just how much cake I would need to end up with enough after the sculpting factor ...thats what is confussing/frustrating me .

Help me figure this one out please !!!

Thank you so very much ... I feel like this is a stupid question icon_sad.gif

Julie

5 replies
Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 11:13pm
post #2 of 6

Well, lets start with what size cakes (and how many layers) are you going to start with.

catin Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 11:18pm
post #3 of 6

Thats what I'm confussed about ... should I start with three layers ?

I am figuring about three layers

sweettoothmom1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom1 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 12:06am
post #4 of 6

will u do the head, legs & tail from RKT? so the cake is only the body? that's a lot of cake. i'm thinking..... if you do an 8" on top; 10" center; another 8" underneath and assume you carve away 25% (?), that should serve 67 wilton (VERY TINY tiny 1x2") pieces. I'm more generous, so it would serve only 42 (2.5x1.25") in my book. so many ways to calculate. math perspective that isicon_smile.gif you have to assess if that will do well for your design work. not sure how much u actually carve away. or u could just do the elephant on top of a cake and know for sure # of slices. icon_smile.gif good luck.

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 12:39am
post #5 of 6

Are you thinking sitting up or laying down?

If sitting up, maybe use the wonder mold for the upper half of the body with a couple of round layers underneath to enlarge the body. Then extra pieces for the hind legs. i don't have a clue how to do the head, except maybe RKT.

If laying down, maybe something along the lines of my pig cake:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=691803

catin Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:59am
post #6 of 6

Parable , I was thinking going more with the sitting down .... and as like you said I was also just thinking of going with the wonder mold and adding ... hehe .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%