Your Favorite Cake Pans?

Decorating By AXOCutie143 Updated 29 Jun 2009 , 2:16pm by Escaliba

AXOCutie143 Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 9:44pm
post #1 of 10

Right now, all I have are my standard, boring Wilton round and square cake pans. I'm asking all you cake experts, what are your favorite pans? Do you have a 3D pan you love and use all the time? Any fun and funky ones to make fun cakes? I feel I need to add (AKA start) my collection! icon_smile.gif

9 replies
bakermommy4 Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 10

Same boat as you axocutie...I have a couple of ball pans, a heart set, I've got the 3d bear all of which I purchased on craigslist and have'nt used yet. I did use the heart pan for Mothers Day. I really need to add to my collection...I am dying to buy the topsy turvy pan set but can't justify spending that much when I know I can carve it just fine.

Maybe someone who has them can say if they are worth it?

sugarcheryl Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 10:05pm
post #3 of 10

My favorite is Magic Line. I've not had a problem with none of my cakes. They bake excellent icon_biggrin.gif

jimandmollie Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 10

I use my guitar pan all the time. Also, I love this train pan that I got for Christmas. It is fun to let the pan do all the work and then just decorate the cars with candy and icing!

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/185-9011493-0552301?asin=B000UXPCF0&afid=yahoossplp&CPNG=patio%20garden=&lnm=B000UXPCF0|Nordic_Ware_Train_Cake_Pan&ref=tgt_adv_XSMG1060

AXOCutie143 Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 10:13pm
post #5 of 10

I never thought about perusing Craigslist for cake pans! I should check that out!

Yankie Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 10:21pm
post #6 of 10

I have some magic line round and square from the smallest size to the biggest. Then I have fdaddario I just got eight pans hearts, petals and hexagon. I also have two sets of the Wilton round and squares not counting all the character pans and half moons. I love magic pans have not uses fd yet since I just got them Thursday

anamado Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 10:28pm
post #7 of 10

My favorite pan is a Silverwood multisize one.
I just loooove it and use it all the time.
I can bake square or rectangular cakes of the size I want, and I can bake more than one at a time.
You can see it this gif taken from the Silverwood site here

http://alansilverwood.co.uk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/multisize8.gif

bakermommy4 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 12:37am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXOCutie143

I never thought about perusing Craigslist for cake pans! I should check that out!

I bought a lot of things from a woman who decorated from home and she just wanted to quit. She sold me probably 35 pans and little knick knacks like bags and tips and the plastic cake plates in all sizes, a water fountain, at least 50 pillars for the plates. I mean she even threw in ALL of her Wilton yearbooks which date back to 1980 I think is the oldest one I have, up to 2005.

All for about $200 thumbs_up.gif

AXOCutie143 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 12:47am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakermommy4

Quote:

I bought a lot of things from a woman who decorated from home and she just wanted to quit. She sold me probably 35 pans and little knick knacks like bags and tips and the plastic cake plates in all sizes, a water fountain, at least 50 pillars for the plates. I mean she even threw in ALL of her Wilton yearbooks which date back to 1980 I think is the oldest one I have, up to 2005.

All for about $200 thumbs_up.gif

WOW, that is a great deal! My husband & I just bought a house, and we've started "garage-saling" looking for finds to fill our home, I'm going to have to start looking for cake stuff too!!

Escaliba Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 2:16pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:

Right now, all I have are my standard, boring Wilton round and square cake pans. I'm asking all you cake experts, what are your favorite pans? Do you have a 3D pan you love and use all the time? Any fun and funky ones to make fun cakes? I feel I need to add (AKA start) my collection! icon_smile.gif

I love my deep, round 8 and 10 inch tins, which I use more than everything else put together.
But I also have a few fun favourites. I have a HUGE specially made, Key shaped tin which is perfect for 21st birthdays. I was fortunate enough to obtain it from a kind lady retiring from the cake business, who wanted a good home for her tins or it would have been well out of my price range at the time.
My Horse-shoe shaped tin is a joy to use & turns out a perfect shape every time. A great family favourite as we are a third generation horse/pony family!
My Dolly Varden tin is never used for making Dolly Varden cakes but is very useful for creating items such as bee-hives! Very handy to have around.
I am currently in the process of adding a few unusual tins to my collection but have not yet tried them out thoroughly. When I have, I will comment on them.
I love this topic!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%