Wasc From Scratch??

Baking By Mamacitadedos Updated 30 Jun 2009 , 3:54am by TERESSAK

Mamacitadedos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamacitadedos Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 7:40pm
post #1 of 9

Ok so does anyone know if it possible to make the WASC recipe NOT using a box mix? It seems to be such a popular recipe and gets so many great responses apparently but I've always been a scratch cake lover & baker. Thanks gang.

8 replies
Michellers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michellers Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 4:49am
post #2 of 9

Give it a try. In place of a box mix, substitute with a scratch recipe. Just do all the extras like the WASC still. I'm sure it would be great!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 5:01am
post #3 of 9

Go to the gourmet flavors link (think it's in cake ideas) & HelloJana says she uses Seriouscake's recipe & has had success tweaking it.

TERESSAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TERESSAK Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 5:15am
post #4 of 9

I am new to this amazing site !
Could someone tell me what WSAC stands for?
THANKS, TeressaK

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 5:20am
post #5 of 9

White Almond Sour Cream cake. I made it once... It's a doctored mix with white cake mix, almond extract and sour cream. My hubby loved it, me...not so much, but it seems to be a wedding cake standard flavor from what I can tell. I would love to try a scratch version though.

TERESSAK Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:51am
post #6 of 9

Thank you, I am SO addicted to this site! At first I just looked @ the pics, but last night I started reading, before I knew it the sun was coming up,and I had found the answers to alot & found things forsure I had no clue about.
Again Thanks
TeressaK

TERESSAK Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:52am
post #7 of 9

Thank you, I am SO addicted to this site! At first I just looked @ the pics, but last night I started reading, before I knew it the sun was coming up,and I had found the answers to alot & found things forsure I had no clue about.
Again Thanks
TeressaK

TERESSAK Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:53am
post #8 of 9

Again Thanks
TeressaK

TERESSAK Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:54am
post #9 of 9

Again Thanks
TeressaK

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%