Edible Image Programs--Who Can Tell Me Which Is Best?

Business By robinscakes Updated 29 Jun 2009 , 11:24pm by Molly2

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 12:31am
post #1 of 9

Can anyone tell me which edible image program is best? We're getting ready to buy one and don't know too much about them. I've heard the most about Kopycake but don't know if they have different programs. Any help would be appreciated.

8 replies
robinscakes Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 1:45am
post #2 of 9

Anyone?????........

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 7:03pm
post #3 of 9

Are you talking about the software or the printer system? You can download free software from kopykake but need to buy supplies from them to use it. You can also download Edible Artist Free from this site http://www.deco.uk.com/content/view/101/137/ If you're talking about the actual printer my preference is the epson. Kopykake has a list of printers they sell cartridges for and you can buy the printer from any where. I got my on ebay under $60

robinscakes Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 9

I haven't looked into the systems/printers/programs yet. I just know that we need one. We've been getting edible images made from a place near by and the quality has been awful. They either don't take care of their printer, or let the ink run out, or use old paper. I got a color picture copied last weekend and it came out black and white. That was the last straw for me. We're tired of not being able to control the quality and would like to get our own. Just looking for recommendations from those who used edible images.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 7:22pm
post #5 of 9

Epsons don't seem to have the clogging problems that the canons do. At least that seems to be the opinions I have read on this site.

sew4children Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sew4children Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 10:38pm
post #6 of 9

I have the Epson Stylus NX200 and use KopyKake ink and icing sheets. I LOVE IT! No problems and would swear by it! I use KopyKake's free program, but it doesn't do as much as I wish it could.

Good Luck!

cakesondemand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesondemand Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 11:14pm
post #7 of 9

I have an ebson cx4800 and use kopykake cartriages as well but I also have the refill kits so I never run out I keep 2 sets on hand just incase a cartrige goes bad. Just look on there website and the list of printers are there I paid about $89 for my printer at Staples Office equipment as long as you just use edible ink your good to go.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 11:17pm
post #8 of 9

I use kopykake ink and paper, never had a problem. Have the cannon printer and have had a few problems but cannon tech support has been helpful

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 11:24pm
post #9 of 9

I have an epson cx8400 and use kopykake cartridges and I also get the sugar sheets from kopykakes. I would look on there website at the list of printers to see what is compatible with their ink I paid about $69 for my printer at Office Depot and have never had a problem with it I have had my system for about 2 yrs. I don't use it everyday or every week and have not had a problem with clogging.

Molly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%