Decorating By kiki80 Updated 28 Jun 2009 , 12:09am by JenniferMI

kiki80 Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 6

I'm new in this fascinating world of cake decorating, I was looking to buy some tools and supplies for my new hobby and i came acroos this tools named crimpers; can somebody explaing what are this use for? icon_confused.gif

5 replies
i_heart_pastry Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 6

Crimpers are tools for making impressed designs in fondant. I'm sure you'll find much better examples on CC, but if you look at the bottom border on my "hugs and stitches" cake and the cake board on my "brush embroidery" cake, you'll see where I used some crimpers. HTH!


SharonK1973 Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 6

They make great borders!

disp4so Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 11:37pm
post #4 of 6

crimpers are used to "crimp" or squeeze fondant together to make a design. I just use some for the first time yesterday. I used it on the cake board. you can change the look of the design by how much you open the mouth of the crimpers.

here is a pic

kiki80 Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 11:47pm
post #5 of 6

you guys are awasome as always!!!, thank you for your answers icon_lol.gif

JenniferMI Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 12:09am
post #6 of 6

Crimpers are a very cool, quiick way to decorate.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%