Tall Swirl On Cupcake Ala "pink Cake Box" Style -

Decorating By jilld Updated 6 Jul 2009 , 8:06pm by cylstrial

jilld Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 10:53pm
post #1 of 9

A client sent me a link to some cupcakes on the Pink Cake Box site, which I totally adore. She wants her cupcakes to have that tall smooth swirl. I am thinking its just a good stiff icing with a tip 12. Do you think this is correct? Am I missing any important steps?

8 replies
Kitagrl Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 11:01pm
post #2 of 9

I think a 12 is too small....you need to get one of those big round Ateco type ones...it takes a big ole' glob of icing to make that swirl! icon_smile.gif I've done a few lately.

I found this picture, maybe this will be helpful:

jilld Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 9:21pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks so much! Do you know if Ateco happens to be bigger or smaller than the Wilton 1A? I am trying to figure out if I can pick it up at my local craft store or need to order one.

Kitagrl Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 12:52am
post #4 of 9

I'm sorry, I don't have the Wilton one so I'm really not sure about the size comparison...I'd say it should be at least a half inch across, I guess....

PinkZiab Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 2:52am
post #5 of 9

I can tell you with 100% certainty that Pink Cake Box uses Ateco tip 809 for their cupcakes.

Michele25 Posted 29 Jun 2009 , 3:03am
post #6 of 9

I just did a search online for the Ateco tip 809 that PinkZiab mentioned and one of the sites that carry it says it's 11/16"...


jilld Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 4:17am
post #7 of 9

Wow, you guys rock! Thanks for the information. That is going to be a ton of icing with that large of an opening.

1234me Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 7:47pm
post #8 of 9

defintely not 12 - that is too small. I have the larger one and I love it!

cylstrial Posted 6 Jul 2009 , 8:06pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks for the tip number PinkZiab!

Quote by @%username% on %date%