3D Lamb Pan- Need Help Please

Decorating By LoriMc Updated 28 Jun 2009 , 1:09pm by ZlatkaT

LoriMc Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 7:10pm
post #1 of 5

I just bought this 3D Wilton Lamb pan off of ebay and it came with no instructions. I did look it up on the Wilton website, although I'm not sure if I have the 1970's version or the 1990's version of the lamb. I did notice there is a small hole at the bottom of the back pan.

According to the Wilton website, I pour all the batter in the front pan and then place the back pan on top securing the whole thing with string?

Is that how you clever CC'ers do it? Couldn't I just pour batter into each side and put it together like the sports ball pan? Of course I will have to find a way to cover the hole.

I hope someone has used this pan before! Thanks!

4 replies
maudabom Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 5

I am working off of info from 20 years ago when I was a teen and baking this cake.. but, I remember pouring the batter into one pan and placing the other pan on top, securing with pan clips ( don't know about the string thing although I'm sure it would be the same as the clips) hth

TexasSugar Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 2:53am
post #3 of 5

I don't have the Wilton pan but I do have a 3d lamb pan that I use every Easter. I tie the two sides together myself. Just make sure that you use cotton/kitchen string.

I'm not sure it would work doing it in two parts because they aren't going to be very thick and you are going to be standing them up together. I have issues with the whole piece having a thin neck. Not sure mine would stay in one piece if I did it in parts.

JGMB Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 2:55am
post #4 of 5

I agree, use the string method. I made one for the first time about 2 months ago. I was very happy with the results, except I forgot to pipe icing around part of his ear (see my photo) -- that had nothing to do with the baking process, though!

ZlatkaT Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 1:09pm
post #5 of 5

I purchase Wilton Lamb cake from e-bay as well, no instruction, but I baked mine as the said above, securing the two pans with string in each side. Is the hole just the damage of the pan, or do you mean the circle hole on top of the pan - this is for checking if the cake is done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%