is called to order.

Who's up?
Whatcha workin' on?

59 replies
buttercreambrandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercreambrandy Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 2:45am
post #2 of 60

Can anyone join in here?

I have a horrid hedache (migraine) but was working on my buttercream roses earlier.

Brandy

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 2:47am
post #3 of 60

As long as you're awake on Friday Night, you're a member of the FNCC!

leah_s Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 2:48am
post #4 of 60

I'm just prepping a 3 tier cake for Sunday. Only 1 wedding this weekend and it's a friend. The cake will be her gift.

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 2:52am
post #5 of 60

Just sent out a jungle theme baby shower cake earlier today. Should be working on a torso cake, but I'm goofing off instead. Already baked and carved, just need to ice and decorate! My daughter is sleepy, so she's in a cranky mood...so I'm just trying to calm her down!

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 2:56am
post #6 of 60

Hi Ladies,

I'm up, working on 2 Dora cakes, 1 prego belly cake, 1 bridal shower cake and 1 thomas cake (luckily the mom provided the toy train). All are 2 tiers, except the belly.

Had it for tonight, will start again in the early AM.

Keep up the hard work!

Susan

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 2:58am
post #7 of 60

Good Evening, Members!

I'm surfing, deciding on designs for two baby shower cakes I will be doing in September and October (two sisters, due a month apart).

I have a TV card in my computer, so I'm also watching Animal Planet.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 2:59am
post #8 of 60

I'm winding down from having to help in my job's bakery. I work in a. . .erm. . .warehouse club (not to name names or anything!) and I left the bakery in October to give my hands a rest. Love my new job, but this season I've been helping in the bakery if they need it. I just worked two days in there and that was all I needed to remind me why I don't work there full time!

Had to deal with a bunch of stupid people.

But I made hubby take me out to dinner! Nice local mexican restaurant. Very good margaritas! Though I think they put more tequila in it than most bars do. . .

jlsheik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlsheik Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 2:59am
post #9 of 60

Hi everyone...just finished with a wedding cake tonight and some small cakes for the day have a small wedding tomorrow.
I did a interesting cake today....replica of a 2year sobriety coin....I felt bad for listening to Deep Purple and Pink Floyd while making it!!
I will post to my pics...I was pretty happy with it, although I didnt get a picture of the embossed sides of it.
Have a great night all.

leah_s Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:03am
post #10 of 60

Interesting cakes tonight!!

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:05am
post #11 of 60

Good evening my friendly CCers. Just surfing, thinking about ordering some cookie cutters. Getting a heck of a deal. Should be MAKING some cookies, but looking at the ones I want to buy is MUCH funner! icon_biggrin.gif Hey, if I didn't tell everyone, my hubby bought me a new cannon printer to print edible images. I am so excited!!!! Here's the problem....I have the printer, no ink, no paper icon_cry.gif O-well, if I had everything for it, I wouldn't be on this darn addicting website talking with my fellow CCer's! icon_biggrin.gif

3SheetCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3SheetCakes Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:06am
post #12 of 60

I am up working on a 3 tier topsy turvy cake for a surprise birthday party. It is going to be a late night, but I don't have to deliver it until 5 pm tomorrow. I should have time to finish up tomorrow during the day. My kids aren't cooperating tonight, they keep getting up and down so it is making it difficult to get much done.

I bet benadryl would do the trick......jk

leah_s Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:08am
post #13 of 60

benadryl . . . bourbon . . .

OK, not really.

jamalyn1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamalyn1 Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:08am
post #14 of 60

I am just making cakes as a hobby for now, but I am working very hard on my 30th birthday cake for my party tomorrow night. It's gonna be the biggest cake I've made and I'm scared lol. Well back to filling the cakes and crumb coating!

leah_s Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:15am
post #15 of 60

So is it a tiered cake? Or just a big square or round?

Monelove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monelove Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:20am
post #16 of 60

Was going to bake tonite (for fun) but a bad news today stepped in the way of that, so instead I will play here for a bit then draw a nice warm bath, light some candles, play some relaxing music and have a glass (or two of wine) while I soak.

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:30am
post #17 of 60

I'm here! Working on a 3 - tier all buttercream wedding cake in tiffany box blue and is suppose to look like the boxes!! Getting the cakes level after icing is kicking my but tonight!! I was hoping to be done by now!!

Oh well - i think i've got it after this last bit of work. But I could use some suggestions on how to make the 'top of the box' look like it is coated in white to make it appear to be the box top. I'm thinking either dust it with pearl dust or make a really thin mixture of a white glace and paint it on once the buttercream crusts. But if I make the glace too thin - then I'm afraid it will run down the side of the cake.

After I make the box appear to have a lid I am going to go around the box top sides with a small pearl border - kwim?

Any suggestions?

kokopuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kokopuff Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:32am
post #18 of 60

I'm up working on calla lillies for a sheet cake for Sun.for my dh's cousins 40th anniversary.This is the first time I have ever made them,so far so good.Not sure how they will look on a sheet cake though.I figure I will make a few roses as well for a bouquet.

Monelove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monelove Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:33am
post #19 of 60

suzycakes, post a pic when you a finished with the tiffany box cake....would love to see it.

woodruffbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodruffbn Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:41am
post #20 of 60

I'm browsing the galleries for ideas. And looking for a tutorial for baby shoes. I have a baby shower cake to make.... and she gave me no instructions!! WOO HOOO!!

leah_s Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:44am
post #21 of 60

For the lid of the box, I nearly always make it out of gumpaste, 50/50, or fondant. Once I did a "dot"pattern (sorta like the Wilton star method) on the sides and over the top to simulate a box lid.

pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:46am
post #22 of 60

I'm here too!! I am working on a 3 FOOT bbq grill cake for a corporate picnic, and 3 graduation cakes. I am so tired, I think I'll finish tomorrow! I made one of these enormous bbq grill cakes last weekend, and I had people waiting for me to put the burgers on their bun! They didnt realize it was cake! Its amazing what you cna do with an airbrush!

leah_s Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:48am
post #23 of 60

Here's a weird flavor combo. I've got an order for a cake tomorrow - toasted coconut cake with strawberry filling.

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:48am
post #24 of 60

woodruffbn...If you mean the gumpaste.fondant booties, I know there is a template here for those. They are pretty easy to make with the template. I did mine freehand the first time and I about threw the whole thing on the floor! I don't know about tutorials, though. icon_biggrin.gif

leah_s Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:49am
post #25 of 60

oooh, piece, that sounds cool!

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:50am
post #26 of 60

I'm here too....its been a while since I have been up working late on a Friday. I actually had 2 cakes this weekend - I KNOW...big time! Plus, I had 2 cookie "orders" to do this weekend.

One of my best friends is hosting a baby shower, so I did onesie cookies with the monogram (drying now) and a "king of the jungle" theme cake (95% done) plus an order of Kitchen Sink cookies (done). Then its also a good friends birthday party tomorrow and I am making her a cake too (baked and filled).

I think I am going to hang it up for tonight - my hands and back are killing me and my friends cake doesn't have to be there until around 5pm. The others are early morning delivery.

Hope everyone is being blessed by the sugar fairy tonight!

Woodruffbn - Sharon's sugarshack blog has a great tutorial on the baby booties!!

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:52am
post #27 of 60

I really wanted to do the gumpaste/fondant for the box lid - but the bride to be did not want to pay the price!! Now - she is paying $16.+ per head to feed her guest 5 light horderves (sp?) (and I mean light - fruit, cheeseball, meatballs, veggies (raw) and a 4" skewer with a 1/2" piece of chicken, a cherry tomoto and 2 pieces of red bell pepper!!) But she sure didn't want to pay a few bucks more for a true box type style cake!!

I am trying to attach a picture of the cake she wanted so you can see what I mean by mimicing the box top with something.

Moonlove - I will post a picture of the cake - but I am so far behind in posting pictures its not even funny! I don't think I have put any on Cc in over 4 months! And trust me I have made dozens and dozens of cakes in that amount of time. But not enough time to do it all!

suze
LL

woodruffbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodruffbn Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:53am
post #28 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe-dreams

woodruffbn...If you mean the gumpaste.fondant booties, I know there is a template here for those. They are pretty easy to make with the template. I did mine freehand the first time and I about threw the whole thing on the floor! I don't know about tutorials, though. icon_biggrin.gif

i'm searching. I have found some stuff on you tube, but i need the templates.... i'll keep looking.

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:54am
post #29 of 60

Howdy gals - just relaxing after delivering 4 - 12x18's - only one that was decorated - but as usual went way beyond what was expected. Cakes for retirement for our local courthouse care taker. -see pic in my photos, Attended event got so-so reviews, I guess wasn't enough to impress - though there were many that didn't know it was all edible!! Anyhow no more cakes until July 11th - don't do that many.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:54am
post #30 of 60

Watching Amazing Wedding Cakes whilst on vacay. No cakes...woo hoo. Actually, I am kind of in the mood to work on one though!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%