Stickers On Fondant???

Decorating By Danishwiz Updated 27 Jun 2009 , 9:49pm by CarrieBear

Danishwiz Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 11:08pm
post #1 of 8

Is it possible to put a sticker on fondant and then put the fondant on the cake? I am just not sure if the sticker will stay on the fondant.

7 replies
miny Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 11:24pm
post #2 of 8

What kind of sticker are you talking about? Edible images, roll-up stickers? If this is the case, put your fondant on the cake first and then add the "stickers"

kara76 Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 12:02am
post #3 of 8

The suitcase cake in my photos was done that way. I put the stickers on fondant , trimmed around them with an exacto knife then put them on the buttercream cake...obviously not edible though.

CarrieBear Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 12:21am
post #4 of 8

edible image stickers?
i would never put non-edible non food grade material/ stickers on a cake, but thats just me.
but I would put the fondant on the cake first because where you put the fondant doesnt mean thats where is going to stay if you need to form and stretch it around the cake the stickers may not be in the places you intented them to be after the fondant is pulled on the cake.

miny Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 1:06am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieBear

edible image stickers?
i would never put non-edible non food grade material/ stickers on a cake, but thats just me.

I don't think she meant actual stickers, that can make someone sick! That's why I thought it was edible images, you know, print outs of actual stickers on rice paper but either way the fondant goes first.

CarrieBear Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 9:24pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by miny

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieBear

edible image stickers?

I don't think she meant actual stickers, that can make someone sick! That's why I thought it was edible images, you know, print outs of actual stickers on rice paper but either way the fondant goes first.

maybe the question didnt involve non-edible stickers, but ill tell ya what I dont just assume things unless people are specific, especially after seeing a you tube video about using sponges on fondant with a 'water color paint' affect.

Some one posted a video with a title similar to that with out stating they werent using water color paints( obviously edible paints ) , there were people commenting on how they 'never knew you could use water color paints on cake' so thast just great, so to a cake civiallian out there who doesnt know thats non-edible they are going to go and try that now. There for I never assume anything....

pamela82 Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 9:33pm
post #7 of 8

Hello,

I was watching a video on youtube the other day and they lady had found a yellow duck from her local shop but it was made out of paper and wanted to put it on a cake. She said that she cut it out then added sticky tape to the back of the duck and cut the rest of it off. she then added it to the cake and because she put sticky tape on the duck the duck stayed on the cake and non of the colour got to the duck and stayed good.

I just cut out this big pirate face for my sons birthday cake and used sticky tape on the back of that befor putting it on the cake and i did this the night befor and come time for his birthday it was fine

CarrieBear Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 9:49pm
post #8 of 8

I guess as a general practice, I dont stick anything directly on or into a cake that is not 'food safe/ food grade material .

more than likely you would be just fine, but... If I ever want to be licensed I try to stick by the rules of what that would entail.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%