Uh Oh! My Frill Cutters Aren't What I Thought

Decorating By Walls1971 Updated 27 Jun 2009 , 3:35am by tonedna

Walls1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Walls1971 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 3

I bought 'endless frill cutters' in the exact pattern that I need for a wedding cake due tomorrow afternoon. I've had them for a while but stupid me, didn't try them out. Today when I attempted to practice with them, I see that not only do they have the cutting edge on the rounded, patterned side, but the straight edge side also has a cutter on it, too! So that means I'd only get about a 2 1/2 inch strip of fondant with the design I want on one side. I need about a 3 1/2 - 4 strip (this has to wrap around the cake, leaving the top with the buttercream showing).

I hope I've described this correctly. . .I don't know what to do. These cutters match the picture the bride gave me exactly. I COULD turn the cutters around, but the design then would be different; more 'pointy'.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Tell me if I need to describe the situation differently. . it's hard to explain in words!

2 replies
ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:21am
post #2 of 3

look back a few posts, it has really good directions, be sure you grease the cuter, and remove the excess

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:35am
post #3 of 3

Just try to cut the frill side without pushing the other side on the fondant.. It can be tricky but it can be done..
Edna icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%