Chocolate Fondant To Soft!!

Decorating By k96002 Updated 3 Jul 2009 , 8:02pm by tony_sopranos_ebony_girl

k96002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
k96002 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 8:16pm
post #1 of 5

Help please!! I ordered the Chocolate Satin Ice fondant from Global Sugar Art, and this is the first time to use it. I tried to roll out to put on my cake last night, and I could'nt even lift it to put in on...is was wayyyyyy to soft!! It is a 14" round about 6" tall cake. I used some powdered sugar for the stickness. Any help greatly appreciated!!

4 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 2:23pm
post #2 of 5

I know that Blakescakes uses 2/3 satin ice and 1/3 wilton fondant. It makes the fondant perform better. If you were going to do that - you would have to color your white wilton fondant brown and then mix it in. That's all I've got though. Hope this helps!

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 4:03pm
post #3 of 5

Try kneading in some tylose or gumtex to the fondant, let it rest for an hour or so to see if that will help. I don't know how much you will need. It will depend on how much you are trying to fix. Knead in small amounts until it starts to feel stiffer, wrap, and set it aside.

HTH

Michele

tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 8:01pm
post #4 of 5

I also had that problem with the chocolate and more recently the black Satin Ice. I simply kneaded in some powdered sugar and let it sit for a fw moments and it firmed right up. Careful with how much you add as it may get a bit dry and then you'll have to add in a smidgen more shortening. thumbs_up.gif

tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tony_sopranos_ebony_girl Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 8:02pm
post #5 of 5

I also had that problem with the chocolate and more recently the black Satin Ice. I simply kneaded in some powdered sugar and let it sit for a fw moments and it firmed right up. Careful with how much you add as it may get a bit dry and then you'll have to add in a smidgen more shortening. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%