Mad Hatter Cake

Decorating By suzannette Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 8:07pm by suzannette

suzannette Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 7:48pm
post #1 of 5

icon_confused.gif how would i make a mad hatter cake??? what makes it a mad hatter cake? i was asked if i could make one with 3 tiers dots and swirls...all the pics i saw were topsy turvy cakes...HELP please...i am somewhat inexperienced in tiered cakes as i usually do sheet cakes

4 replies
cdavis Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 5

I think it is the same thing. I've had people order them both ways and they always mean topsy-turvey. Unless of course it is an Alice in Wonderland theme party or something like that.

saffronica Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 7:55pm
post #3 of 5

"Mad Hatter" is just another term for topsy-turvy. It comes from the movie "Alice in Wonderland." I haven't tried one myself yet, but I have seen some tutorials on here and videos on YouTube to show you how.

Try this one:

Good luck!

cadgurl07 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 8:03pm
post #4 of 5

A mad hatter cake usually has the sides tapered inward(bigger diameter on the top than the bottom. A topsy turvy cake are normal, flat cakes with slanted supports inbetween each cake, most of the time it's foam covered in fondant. A whimsical cake is like a mad hatter cake but without the tapered sides.

suzannette Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 8:07pm
post #5 of 5

i'm thinking i should not attempt this on someone when i dont have a clue and i really wouldnt have any time to practice to see if i could...thanks for clarifying for me icon_smile.gif y'all are the greatest

Quote by @%username% on %date%