I Need Help With My Fondant Bow...will It Harden?!

Decorating By lukesgirl4 Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 7:12pm by djs328

lukesgirl4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lukesgirl4 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 3

I made some loops and curlicues for a fondant bow I am going to put on a cake Tuesday. I made them yesterday afternoon (using the Wilton pre-packaged fondant). I used about one and three quarters pounds of fondant and added 1/4 tsp. of gum tex. I cut my strips (loops) about 1/8 inch thick, and about 1 inch wide by 7 inches long. This afternoon (1 day later) they are super soft! They yield to the slightest pressure! icon_sad.gif I have a fan on them and I have them sitting next to an open window. Will my fondant harden enough by Tuesday for me to be able to make my bow, or should I make a new one and add more gum tex to my fondant, or should I just make a new one using gum paste?? Or a gum paste/fondant mixture?? I need to know soon, because I think all this stuff takes a long time to harden right? I am making the cake on Tuesday... icon_sad.gif

2 replies
rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 3

I live in the worst of the worst humidity and I still find that fondant takes not more than 3-4 days to dry so it should be fine.

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 3

I don't know much about fondant...however: just a thought - is it humid where you are? If so - the humidity in the air may be affecting the fondant...I know it is SUPER humid here today...
Hopefully some of the fondant queens on here will have some advice for you! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%