Where Can I Find Sanitizer Strips?

Business By bfranzen Updated 30 Jun 2009 , 3:04am by bfranzen

bfranzen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bfranzen Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 7

My kitchen is close to being finished--I can't wait! Where can I purchase sanitizer strips? The person who does all the licensing sent me info on making sanitizer with chlorine bleach and a list of other acceptable sanitizers, but I'm not sure where to get test strips.

Thanks!

6 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 7

Any restaurant supply store where you're probably buying some of your equipment and supplies.

Is this a legal home kitchen or is it a commercial site? The reason I ask is because I set up all of my water stuff with Eco-Lab. The equipment for their automatic dispensing soaps and sanitizers is free ... the only requirement is that I buy Eco-Lab soaps thru my food distributor (Sysco).

Health depts LUV to see Eco Lab in a kitchen. They know it's being done right when they see Eco Lab stuff.

It's cost effective ... the soap is automatically dispensed in the correct ratio. I have them at both handwashing sinks, the mop sink, on my comm'l dishwasher, the dish-wash sink and the sanitizer sink.

My initial cost to buy all of those soaps was a little high ($700), but I didn't have to buy any more for over 6 months. And even then it was just a onesy-twosy thing ... not the whole $700 worth.

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:43pm
post #3 of 7

I'm getting close to my inspection too and was starting to look for where to buy sanitizer test strips as well. Hopefully someone chimes in here and send us both in the right direction.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:45pm
post #4 of 7

i order mine online from acemart restaurant supply.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 9:11pm
post #5 of 7

My Health Dept office also sells basic stuff like test strips and thermometers.

bfranzen Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:03am
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the replies so far. This is a licensed home kitchen, not a commercial site. My health dept gave me a "recipe" for sanitizer made with chlorine bleach but as far as I know, they don't sell the strips to test.

I don't have a restaurant supply store close by, so I'm having to search for things online. I've checked with a few people who have Sysco accounts and they seem to think that I'd need to have huge orders each month or Sysco won't even talk to me.

bfranzen Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 3:04am
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the replies so far. This is a licensed home kitchen, not a commercial site. My health dept gave me a "recipe" for sanitizer made with chlorine bleach but as far as I know, they don't sell the strips to test.

I don't have a restaurant supply store close by, so I'm having to search for things online. I've checked with a few people who have Sysco accounts and they seem to think that I'd need to have huge orders each month or Sysco won't even talk to me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%