Edible Image Problem....

Decorating By sswt4 Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 8:53pm by Rosie2

sswt4 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all...I usually purchase edible images through an ebay seller and never had a problem. Yesterday, my co-worker asked me for a short notice surprise for his wife, so I went to Shoprite to get an image. Well, it was very, very soft...and it would not peel away at all. Even with the freezer trick it would not peel away. Any idea of what happened?

3 replies
Rosie2 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:00pm
post #2 of 4

Yeah, their sheets are defective...that happened to me once at this place where I used to order my images. Fortunatelly she gladly replaced them and the second set was perfect.
I'd suggest you talk to them to replace your image.

sswt4 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:28pm
post #3 of 4

I called shoprite - but since they did not apply it, they are not responsible because they did not apply it. Oh well. It probably was a bad batch. Thank you very much!

Rosie2 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 8:53pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sswt4

I called shoprite - but since they did not apply it, they are not responsible because they did not apply it. Oh well. It probably was a bad batch. Thank you very much!

Hi, they told you that they weren't responsible because they did not apply the image to your cake?
The problem was that you coudn't peel the image from the sheet right? they should had replaced it for you...I'm sure they have a batch of defective sugar sheets. When mine were replaced the second sheet was perfect and easy to peel. Hmmm, don't order from them again...
I used to strugle until I bought myself and edible ink printer icon_smile.gif
Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%