Question About Storing Fondant

Decorating By lrlt2000 Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 4:09pm by Loucinda

lrlt2000 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 6

I made lots of fondant pearl balls and was wondering what the best way is to store them. I store my bulk homemade fondant triple wrapped in the freezer, but I know I will be re-kneading, etc.

For these pearls, which I would just use from the container, do I store them out of the fridg/freezer? I bought some great Ball plastic freezer containers and they are an excellent size for stuff like this:

5 replies
Loucinda Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 6

I just keep mine in a container like that, keep them dry and clean (and not really air tight) they will stay nice for almost foerver!

TantalizingTreats Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 6

If your going to be using them within the next couple of days, they will be fine sitting out at room temperature. let them dry and store them in a tupperware container until ready to use.

lrlt2000 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 6

No, I am not planning on using them soon. How long are they 'okay'? I assumed they'd last for quite awhile airtight.

TantalizingTreats Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:59pm
post #5 of 6

Most fondant will last 4-6 weeks if kept stored properly. I think you would be fine keeping them at room temperature... I never refridgerate my fondant.

Loucinda Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:09pm
post #6 of 6

If they are dry and kept in a covered container, I am sure they will be good for more than a few weeks. (several online stores sell them already made and I am sure they don't make them fresh every 4 to 6 weeks)

Quote by @%username% on %date%