Pound Cake "cake"

Decorating By AFBF Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 4:07pm by AFBF

AFBF Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:34pm
post #1 of 5

I want to make a pound cake "cake"! Not sure if I will do round or square or what size yet, but I need to know how to do this. I have found tons of recipes on pound cakes in bundt pans but not in cake pans. Does anyone know how to do this that can share the recipe/conversion with me? I have a really good recipe for pound cake that I would like to try but I don't know how to convert the bake temp/time. Any advise/suggestions would be very helpful! TIA

4 replies
cathie_shinnick Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:48pm
post #2 of 5

I dont understand why you want to change the recipe. I have made pound cakes in "cake" pans from time to time. No problems. In the larger pans I use a flowernail in the center I keep the temp at 300 or 325.

AFBF Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 5

Sorry if that was confusing. I don't want to change the recipe. I want to use the recipe I have but do it in a cake pan instead of a bundt pan and I don't know how long to cook it or at what temp. Thanks for any help!

varika Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:42pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBF

Sorry if that was confusing. I don't want to change the recipe. I want to use the recipe I have but do it in a cake pan instead of a bundt pan and I don't know how long to cook it or at what temp. Thanks for any help!

The difference between a bundt pan and a regular pan is that the bundt pan essentially has a built-in heating core, so the cake cooks faster. Start with your minimum time, check the cake, and bake longer as needed. I do it in five to ten minute intervals. Like, if the batter is still liquid, I do ten. If it's firmed up but not qutie there, I do five. Keep your temperature the same as your recipe.

AFBF Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:07pm
post #5 of 5

Great!! Thank you! I'll do a test run soon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%