Royal Icing - How Can I Dry It Faster?

Decorating By Cakeandcupcakes Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 2:28pm by DianeLM

Cakeandcupcakes Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 3

I need some help. I'm doing sugar cookies with royal icing and the by and the icing is not dry yet. I need to have them packaged by 6pm tonight. If there is no way to dry them faster do think it would be okay to package them and just lay them flat? The shower is tomorrow but they are being picked up today.

2 replies
pattycakesnj Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:18pm
post #2 of 3

Put them in the oven(if you have a gas oven, don't know if it will work with electric oven) with the door closed and light on (do not turn on oven) That should help. If they are not dry, even laying them flat after packaging, will not help, the wrapping can stick to the cookie no matter how careful you are. Good luck

DianeLM Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 3

I've never tried drying in an oven. Personally, I'd worry about drying out the cookie. But, like I said, I've never tried it. icon_smile.gif

Are you planning to wrap the cookies individually?

If you think the icing will still be soft, place the cookie in the bag, then use an empty squeeze bottle to blow air into the bag. (Please do not blow into the bag. icon_smile.gif ) Tie the bag closed. The air should keep the bag off the cookie at least long enough for the icing to dry. Don't stack them.

If you're not packaging them individually, arrange them in a single layer on a tray with a domed lid.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%