Hmmmm, Interesting

Decorating By erinalicia Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 6:41pm by erinalicia

erinalicia Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 11

I got an email notification saying that there was a new reply to the posting about about the G lo bal Su gar Art issue. Funny how when I clicked on it, I got a message saying that the post doesn't exist.

I seriously think the deleting of posts is getting out of hand. Heck, this will probably be deleted because I've offended the "cake mod gods".

This forum is here for us to be able to discuss and express our opinions and to share information with others. While I see the need for things to be blocked on occasion, especially when topics get seriously out of hand.

G S A is NOT the end all, be all of cake supply stores. The post in question was not getting out of hand. We were all expressing our concern about having our words misrepresented and replaced.

This type of thing is what is making me decide to spend less and less time here and I have to say that my first order from (big blue letters) GSA will be my last.

I'd rather pay a monthly fee to be here (if I wanted to) than to have posts just disappear because the mods don't happen to like what's being discussed.

Okay, I'm done... wonder how long it will take them to delete this one. icon_sad.gif

10 replies
Cakenator Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:10pm
post #2 of 11

erinalicia Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 11

it's still here. wonder of wonders!

TexasSugar Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:04pm
post #4 of 11

Health posted on the thread last night and locked it, but it was up last night.

He basically said that the sentence that was appearing after the block should not be there, and that they would fix it when they got a chance (after the wedding.)

There are a few sites that are blocked and he asked that we try not type in ways to get around them. Some are for legal reasons such as S****Craft, and other because they violated rules at CC.

He went on to talk about companies using discounts codes (like cakecentral) even though they aren't affiliated with CC in any way. I can't remember all of that so hopefully someone else that read it can explain it or they original post will reappear.

He also pointed out that in 4 pages of replies, no one including the original posted messaged him to tell him that the sentence was being placed in messages and ask what is going on with it.

drakegore Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:13pm
post #5 of 11

i am the op. i am so glad to know that heath responded and let us know that the changing of the posting was in error. i did not see the last few posts as i went to bed (a bad case of "6 year old wore me out-us") and didn't see what was said before it was deleted.

i DID reach out to heath and jackie last night on the "contact us" tab which was the only way i knew of. was he suggesting we PM him?

i have not heard back from them yet, and i understand they are probably pretty busy with their wedding icon_smile.gif

i would love to see what he wrote, but all i find is that the post was deleted.

again, my concern was not with the blocking, it was with the posts being changed and words (not mine) being inserted into my post. i am so relieved to hear that this will be fixed!

miny Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:16pm
post #6 of 11

Hi Erin, just wanted to tell you that when a post dessapears it's because it's closed for more replies, it has happenned before with many, many posts not only this one, please don't feel bad, it's nothing personal against you thumbs_up.gif

miny Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:20pm
post #7 of 11

Hi Erin, just wanted to tell you that when a post dessapears it's because it's closed for more replies, it has happenned before with many, many posts not only this one, please don't feel bad, it's nothing personal against you thumbs_up.gif

TexasSugar Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:30pm
post #8 of 11

Locked posts remain in the site all the time. I'm not sure why this one was deleted, especially before people got to read Heath's reply.

I do think though that we often forget that we should go to Heath or Jackie when we have a question about something like these, more some when it comes to the behind the scene workings of the board.

Heath's post was informative in my opinion and he explained that what was happening, with the added words, shouldn't have been.

Diane, yes he did use the words PM. I haven't used the contact them link so I don't know if that is connected to email or not. Maybe if it went to email he hadn't checked that.

Since they are getting married tomorrow I doubt Health will be back on the board to re-post himself today. Or rather I really hope he doesn't. They should be enjoying their wedding and the preparations for it.

erinalicia Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:32pm
post #9 of 11

I'm not taking it personally. If the post had not been deleted altogether I would have known that Heath commented and that would have been great. I have seen many posts get locked and they are still up on the board and can be read, they don't disappear.

Glad that Heath knows about the problem and has addressed it. It would have just been nice to be able to read it myself, especially when I get a reply notification sent to my email.

drakegore Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:38pm
post #10 of 11

i am super happy to know it's a bug and will be fixed. i agree, it would have been beneficial for all to see the post.

i started out on the post and kept asking for recommendations on how to let the someone know i was concerned and wanted to bring it to their attention. i didn't post to whine (that was a bonus, lol), i was posting to get advice on how to get to someone who could explain and address it. i usually shy away from anything that smells controversial, but this one really bothered me and i wanted to find out how to best address it. now, when all is said, i am much smarter today icon_smile.gif.

i hope they don't respond until much after their wedding. no one should be worrying about this when you are getting married icon_biggrin.gif

erinalicia Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:41pm
post #11 of 11

very true, diane. I wish them the best! Hope they have a beautiful day. I'm excited to see pictures of their cake.

I just got a little miffed when I got the notification that there was a reply and it was deleted. That's happened quite a bit lately. Not sure if that's a bug or what, but I'm glad it is being taken care of now.

icon_smile.gif it's all good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%