Pretty, Deep-Pink Fondant Emergency. Please Help!

Decorating By Manna4 Updated 27 Jun 2009 , 4:19am by Manna4

Manna4 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:20pm
post #1 of 6

I have to make this wedding cake for next Sat, (7/4). The cake is to be deep-pink. I bought 10lbs. of deep-pink Choco-Pan and it is a very ugly shade of pink, more like neon, bubble gum or play-dough pink. What colors do I add to give this fondant a pretty tone (between fuchsia and deep-pink). Pleeaaase, help!!!! icon_cry.gif

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:23pm
post #2 of 6

I would just add either deep pink or soft pink..when you add a lot it gives it a nice hot pink!

Normita Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 6

If you use wilton's rose color it gives you a nice "hot pink" color. But remember it darkens over time...so add a little until you get the desired color. You can check out my TT zebra cake that I did I used the rose color

Mensch Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 6

I think Wilton's Burgundy makes a lovely pink. It's not a warm shade, but cool, and works well with silver accents.

hey_lady Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 11:16pm
post #5 of 6

to "tone down" a color you add a VERY small amount of the complementary color(the color directly across on the color wheel) (ex: red-green, yellow-purple, blue orange) pink is a shade of red so i would try a shade of green to tone it down. I know it sounds crazy but it's the rules of the color wheel. Gotta love art class. lol. Best of luck!

Manna4 Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 4:19am
post #6 of 6

Thank you all for your help! I'll try anything at this point. I will start with small samples and then move to the 10 lbs. icon_rolleyes.gif Thanks again for taking the time to respond. icon_smile.gif Manna4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%