Pretty, Deep-Pink Fondant Emergency. Please Help!

Decorating By Manna4 Updated 27 Jun 2009 , 4:19am by Manna4

Manna4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manna4 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:20pm
post #1 of 6

I have to make this wedding cake for next Sat, (7/4). The cake is to be deep-pink. I bought 10lbs. of deep-pink Choco-Pan and it is a very ugly shade of pink, more like neon, bubble gum or play-dough pink. What colors do I add to give this fondant a pretty tone (between fuchsia and deep-pink). Pleeaaase, help!!!! icon_cry.gif

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:23pm
post #2 of 6

I would just add either deep pink or soft pink..when you add a lot it gives it a nice hot pink!

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:29pm
post #3 of 6

If you use wilton's rose color it gives you a nice "hot pink" color. But remember it darkens over time...so add a little until you get the desired color. You can check out my TT zebra cake that I did I used the rose color

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:33pm
post #4 of 6

I think Wilton's Burgundy makes a lovely pink. It's not a warm shade, but cool, and works well with silver accents.

hey_lady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hey_lady Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 11:16pm
post #5 of 6

to "tone down" a color you add a VERY small amount of the complementary color(the color directly across on the color wheel) (ex: red-green, yellow-purple, blue orange) pink is a shade of red so i would try a shade of green to tone it down. I know it sounds crazy but it's the rules of the color wheel. Gotta love art class. lol. Best of luck!

Manna4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Manna4 Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 4:19am
post #6 of 6

Thank you all for your help! I'll try anything at this point. I will start with small samples and then move to the 10 lbs. icon_rolleyes.gif Thanks again for taking the time to respond. icon_smile.gif Manna4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%