I Feel Like I Just Put My Face In A Toilet...

Business By grandmaruth Updated 28 Jun 2009 , 7:24am by margaretb

grandmaruth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmaruth Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 11:03am
post #1 of 25

i was just going over the gallery of new cake pics and wanted to zoom in on a pretty cake with flowers..next to it was a toilet filled with poop....am i the only one that feels that maybe those cakes should be put in a different layout.....eating my breakfast, going over new cake pictures and seeing a toilet with poop ugh?!!!

24 replies
rgj123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rgj123 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 11:33am
post #2 of 25

Ugh! I agree those types of cakes should have their own special place. icon_surprised.gif
I can appreciate the skill in making a cake that looks like a toilet, but I find the idea of cutting into and serving a piece of toilet and the contents nauseating!!!!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:25pm
post #3 of 25

I definitely think they should be separated! That's so gross. Who wants a toilet cake anyway?

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:28pm
post #4 of 25

I guess it is supposed to be funny......I don't find much humour in it either let alone eat it!!!

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:38pm
post #5 of 25

Okay, I'm a little slow on the uptake, I swear I thought you meant that the cake was placed beside an ACTUAL toilet with poop in it. That would have caused me to gag than vomit my breakfast.

But I agree. I think people should try to single out their cakes a bit better. And holy cow, clean your counter off before snapping your pics! That is a pet peeve of mine. Love the cakes, hate the tools, crumbs, icing bags, dirty dishes beside the nice cakes. thumbsdown.gif

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:50pm
post #6 of 25

I saw a cake like that, but it was in the gross cakes

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:56pm
post #7 of 25

I accidentally clicked on one a while ago... GROSS! I will never make that mistake again.

mgwebb68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgwebb68 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:08pm
post #8 of 25

I agree with you, I love seeing all the new cakes and the beautiful work that the folks her do, and even the "adult" themed ones are tasteful (for the most part) and represent some beautiful work and great skill, it's the other ones, like the one you mentioned that I just don't care to see. If they go into that gallery, then IMO they shouldn't show up in the new uploads. Those cakes should be restricted to their respective gallery. Just my opinion though.

jennicita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicita Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:14pm
post #9 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

I definitely think they should be separated! That's so gross. Who wants a toilet cake anyway?

My son, unfortunately. I've told him no, there's no way I'm making you a toilet cake. Last birthday he decided to go with a Nintendo DS instead. Much, much better! Of course he'll probably ask for another toilet next January!

jenny

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 5:21pm
post #10 of 25

Wait, we have a 'gross cake' gallery? icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif

To each his/her own I guess. And completely without judgment I ask, what the heck are you doing? Poop filled toilet cakes? Really? Well, you live long enough, who knows what you'll see.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:17pm
post #11 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgwebb68

If they go into that gallery, then IMO they shouldn't show up in the new uploads. Those cakes should be restricted to their respective gallery. Just my opinion though.

Of course cause those that do those have no right to have them in the new cakes and show off their cake, even if not everyone agrees with it. Maybe we need to have separate groups for the prego belly cakes and the animal shaped cakes cause not every one likes those either and some think they are gross.

mgwebb68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgwebb68 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:27pm
post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgwebb68

If they go into that gallery, then IMO they shouldn't show up in the new uploads. Those cakes should be restricted to their respective gallery. Just my opinion though.

Of course cause those that do those have no right to have them in the new cakes and show off their cake, even if not everyone agrees with it. Maybe we need to have separate groups for the prego belly cakes and the animal shaped cakes cause not every one likes those either and some think they are gross.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone. It is just my opionion. I didn't mean to imply that they didn't have the right to show off their cakes, Of course they do and I'm sure they are talented as is everyone else here. And probably a great sense of humor to be able to create the cakes to begin with. I know I couldn't do it, it would just gross me out too much.

If I offened you or anyone, especially anyone that has made one of these cakes then I offer my sincere apology.

cuteums Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cuteums Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:39pm
post #13 of 25

Everyone has their own idea of what they think is gross and what they think is funny. Yes the toilet cake is a bit of a gross out but it is funny. I laughed my butt off when I saw a kitty litter box cake. Anyway it's all in the eye of the beholder. I personally think the pregnant belly cakes are way grosser than a toilet cake. I don't care how they pretty it up, you are eating a pregnant belly. eew.

You can't please all of the people all of the time!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:43pm
post #14 of 25

You didn't offend me. And I totally understand your opinion. I just feel that when it comes to what we like or don't like to see in a group this big it can get into alot of gray areas. To me the toilet cakes, and prego belly cakes and cat little box cakes and so on are just that, cake. I can appreciate the talent and like you said sense of humor it takes to do some of those cakes. Of course it doesn't mean I'd eat a piece of cat litter box cake, but then again I'm not a huge cake eater any more either.

If enough people don't want to see the gross cakes then maybe ya'll should talk to Heath and see about getting them moved under the naughty gallery heading so that those that have clicked to see those cakes would see them in the new listings and those that don't won't.

Let me apologize for being a little crabby in my reply. I'm sorry. *hugs*

Andy383240 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andy383240 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:54pm
post #15 of 25

Don't apologize for thinking something that IS gross is gross. I've always said that there are PRIVATE THINGS and PUBLIC THINGS. Toilets and bellies and male and female parts, etc. are PRIVATE things and should be shared with those who enjoy them, not everybody on the planet. There seem to be no sense how things might be taken by people who don't share your life view. I have as much right to be OFFENDED as others have to share their gross cakes. I'm tried of being shouted down for speaking the truth. GOSS IS GROSS now matter how funny it is.!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 7:03pm
post #16 of 25

I know the cake you speak of (I think). I was going thru the commented cakes the other day and came across it icon_sad.gif YUCK!

kandu001 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandu001 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 7:37pm
post #17 of 25

I had to read the post a couple times to figure out that it wasn't an ACTUAL toilet! Thank goodness for that! Otherwise, to each his own.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 9:04pm
post #18 of 25

Yup I agree the toilet cakes especially the ones with the urine and poop are worse then gross...........they're well done.............which is probably why they look so gross...........they look real.

What next? The placenta baby shower cake icon_rolleyes.gificon_surprised.gif

joaaaann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joaaaann Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 9:18pm
post #19 of 25

Well someone turned that idea into an entire restraunt idea. That's a little far fetched and had to be a person with money to burn to take a chance like that if you ask me haha ( here's the link..

) I saw it on the Food Network originally. As far as cakes go, I don't have a problem with those types of cakes. If any cake is a real resemblance to a person, place or thing then I am impressed usually. It's fascinating to me what some people are capable of creating. I enjoy variety. I like horror movies as well as I like Disney movies. I've seen cakes that are so beautiful that I gasp and I've seen those that make me go 'Ewww' (but then I laugh it off) either way I give the creator 'kudo's' for being so talented.

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 10:28pm
post #20 of 25

I think those cakes are gross too but I am not offended by them. I think some people actually enjoy being offended. This is a public forum. People from around the world share this forum. We are not all the same. We don't have the same mind set.

No one is putting anyone down for being offended. But we all have a right to upload photos to the site as long as they fall within the guidelines that have been laid out for us. I just hope the the person that uploaded the photo of this toilet cake isn't offended. icon_rolleyes.gif

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 10:55pm
post #21 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocorum21

I just hope the the person that uploaded the photo of this toilet cake isn't offended. icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes, I hope they're not offended by this discussion either. But seriously, if you're posting pictures of a toilet cake with simulated urine and poop on a cake decorating site largely populated by folks who make sugar orchids and frosting fairies, you certainly can't be surprised when folks react to the picture, in all sorts of ways.

I personally feel there's room here for cakes like this. Regardless of how I feel about them personally, I'm sure a good deal of thought, talent and work went into making them. The art world is filled with all kinds of things I don't like. But that doesn't make them any less art than what I do with my cakes. I just don't understand why someone would want to do such a thing. But just because I don't understand why, doesn't mean they shouldn't make them.

Still, that doesn't make me okay with seeing them, or the fact that they're in with the new cakes page. Not saying that means they should be banned from the new cakes page. Just saying I don't like them being there.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 3:59am
post #22 of 25

Wow. I understand you may not like it, but what about the feelings of the person who made it? Y'all are being a little mean.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 2:20am
post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteums

Everyone has their own idea of what they think is gross and what they think is funny. Yes the toilet cake is a bit of a gross out but it is funny. I laughed my butt off when I saw a kitty litter box cake. Anyway it's all in the eye of the beholder. I personally think the pregnant belly cakes are way grosser than a toilet cake. I don't care how they pretty it up, you are eating a pregnant belly. eew.

You can't please all of the people all of the time!

I HATE the preggo belly cakes!! And the babies that look real, or hands, feet, ladies in bras...wahtever, simulated cannibalism is not my cup of tea! Do I do them? If someone wants to pay for it, H3LL yeah!

CanadianChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianChick Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 3:58am
post #24 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Wow. I understand you may not like it, but what about the feelings of the person who made it? Y'all are being a little mean.

really - I've seen a LOT of cakes on this site that I think are gross or hideous or just plain tacky, and I don't do a big "shout out" about how horrific they are, or how they put me off my Cheerios.

FSM forfend that someone should post a cake that they did well, in case it grosses someone out...

margaretb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margaretb Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 7:24am
post #25 of 25

So speaking of gross ... I had a lady -- a very respectable older lady -- tell me that for a baby shower, a fun thing is to get a brand new potty and fill it with yellow jello and mini oh henry bars. eeeewwww

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%