Airbrush Color Question

Decorating By Iloveweddings Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 12:30pm by Loucinda

Iloveweddings Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 10:09am
post #1 of 4

Hi. I have an airbrush that has the little cup on the top, not one of those kind with a jar. Can I use AmeriColor soft jel paste ( comes in small .75 oz bottle) in it? If so, do I have to dilute or anything? Thanks in advance.

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:07pm
post #2 of 4

I wouldn't suggest that you use anything but airbrush colors made specifically for an airbrush.Gel colors have tiny particles in them that can clog the airbrush even if you dilute them...you can't see them but they will ruin an airbrush head.Some people have tried and successfully diluted pastes...but I wouldn't wreck my airbrush for it!

cnhiatt Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:15pm
post #3 of 4

I've diluted the gel paste with Vodka and used it in my airbrush before, but maybe I shouldn't have. It will work if you're in a pinch, but maybe it's not the best thing.

Loucinda Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:30pm
post #4 of 4

I would use regular airbrush colors for it - some of the airbrushes (LIKE MINE!!) are so picky and pain to tear apart and clean - if you are comfortable with unclogging it, go ahead and try the color DILUTED with vodka (or some other alcohol based liquid) I just hate tearing mine apart, so I stick with what is supposed to be used in it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%