Is There A Way To Transfer A Full Color Poster To A Cake?

Decorating By pattycake41 Updated 27 Jun 2009 , 6:12pm by kakeladi

pattycake41 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 1:48am
post #1 of 5

I want to transfer a Star Wars picture to a cake. Is there a way to do this?
I don't want it to be a "plaque", just a color picture on buttercream frosting. or mmf.
I'm pretty sure I've seen this in bakeries.

4 replies
Nysbeststylist Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:25am
post #2 of 5

oooh, i also would like to know if and how this can be done.

ljdills Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:40am
post #3 of 5

You could do a FBCT (frozen buttercream transfer) or an edible image.

Nysbeststylist Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 4:53am
post #4 of 5

Oh my goodness - an EDWARD Cake! How on earth did you do that?

kakeladi Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 6:12pm
post #5 of 5

There are several way this can be done.
1) Frosting sheet pic
2) Frozen b'cream transfer
3) Chocolate transfer
4) Color flow drawing
5) piping in icing

The fastest way is #1icon_smile.gif Some grocery store bakeries or cake supply shops will make an edible picture for you. The cost is usually around $5-10 per picture.
Others have already explained FBT & CT.
Color flow is similar to those, except it is done with royal icing and allowed to dry. It hardens as it dries.

Quote by @%username% on %date%