Fondant Skunk?

Decorating By heartofoklahoma Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 4:17am by heartofoklahoma

heartofoklahoma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heartofoklahoma Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:59am
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know how to make a fondant skunk? Or know of anything i could look at to make one? Thanks!

6 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 1:18am
post #2 of 7

When I need a figure I've never made before, I try to get a picture of the real thing (encyclopedia?, google?) and see if I can go from there. In the case of the skunk, it might be easier to find a similar critter that has already been done in fondant (a squirrel, a cat, something from an old Wilton yearbook?...) and adapt it from there. HTH.

I edited this to see if it made more sense. I'm not sure it does.

heartofoklahoma Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 1:51am
post #3 of 7

ok i will try that thanks marianna46

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 1:56am
post #4 of 7

Debbie Brown makes some little fondant critters in Enchanted Cakes for Children. There's no skunk but there' s a squirrel which I think would probably work.

I've seen a few skunks up close. The body is really small and the tail is like a giant bottle brush. They have hands they can eat with.

woodruffbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
woodruffbn Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:21am
post #5 of 7

You guys are so funny!!!

Quote:
Quote:

I've seen a few skunks up close. The body is really small and the tail is like a giant bottle brush. They have hands they can eat with.

Where I live, I see more skunks than house cats. LOL.
Hey, what about the old cartoon character pepe le pew (sp?). Maybe if you studied pics of him it would make it easier.

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:37am
post #6 of 7

slopokesgirl is a cc member who posted pics a while back of a rice krispies treats "pepe le pew" (dont know how to spell it but its a cartoon skunk character). She showed the progression and different angles of the finished product. He is adorable and I am sure it would help you!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1333019

heartofoklahoma Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:17am
post #7 of 7

LOL....thank you all so much......i will go and study the pepe la pew!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%