Displaying Most Recent Cakes On Cc

Decorating By dogluvr Updated 27 Jun 2009 , 8:54pm by dogluvr

dogluvr Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:41am
post #1 of 12

I cannot get used to the most recent cake displays since it has changed....it is like a filmstrip now with only a few cakes....I loved it before with the most viewed, the holidays, etc..........it is just me?

11 replies
Marianna46 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:56am
post #2 of 12

No, I'm right there with you. I have only wonderful things to say about the improvements made here recently (my favorites: being able to put more than one view in cake photos and the way the line size adjusts automatically in the thumbnail pages when you zoom in), but the old way of displaying cakes on the main page is something I also really miss.

dogluvr Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:58am
post #3 of 12

yes, I agree that there have been many wonderful enhancements....but I loved the cakes that were displayed

Bakingangel Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 1:10am
post #4 of 12

I wish they would change the picture display on the home page back to the original way too!

paula19 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 6:56am
post #5 of 12

I miss it too icon_sad.gif I loved to look at the popular cakes and get inspiration from them. But I still like the way it is now though. It gives the new uploaded cakes more of a fair chance to be viewed, you know? But still...

jennicita Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 8:30am
post #6 of 12

From everything I've read the changes aren't finished and I think the most popular cakes feature will be reintroduced. Expect a bit of a delay, though, since Jackie and Heath are getting married this weekend and they certainly have other things on their minds at the moment! And rightly so! I've seen multiple threads on this and we just have to be patient. icon_smile.gif

Of course I miss the favorite cakes, too! I just made my favorite cake to date last week and was hoping for a big response. The response was good but you know how much of an ego-booster it is when your cakes are a hit!

Maybe it'll be back up again when I make my next cake. I'll just have to wait and see. All I know is that I'm so thankful to have this site. I was so proud of my cakes a few years ago and now I'm embarrassed to admit to them - this site has given me whole new levels of skill to aspire to!

miny Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 8:55am
post #7 of 12

I miss it too but as Paula said this way all the cakes have a chance to be displayed, now, if you could only see the complete picture and not only a part it'll be better, sometimes when you want to open a specific cake pic, it suddenly changes the pic to a different one then you either have to wait for it to come back or look for it, it's IMO a PITA! Everything else is great.

poohsmomma Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:53pm
post #8 of 12

I live in the boonies and have dial-up internet access. The "filmstrip" never even gets loaded when I open the page because it takes too long. I just have to stop the opening page from loading so i can go on and check forums and other stuff.

Are there any other dial-up access folks out there with this problem?

Someday....I hope to have REAL internet!

dogwood Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:59pm
post #9 of 12

I liked the old style of showing the pictures also. The main thing that bothers me is that when I click on someone's picture I can't read all the comments. The words on the left side go off the screen. Does anyone else have this problem?

dogluvr Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 5:42pm
post #10 of 12

Jenny....I'm glad to hear they aren't finished. I too am thankful for this site and have learned so much from everyone here......I think I like the other way of displaying cakes because there were so many and they are very inspirational............thanks again for everyone's reply.......I will keep my fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!

kakeladi Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 5:57pm
post #11 of 12

Please folks! Heath has asked we not discuss things like this until they are finished upgrading the site. (There are several other threads w/basically the same theme already.)
There will be changes. We don't know what they are or when they will get finished but let's just hang in there until they are finished ok?

dogluvr Posted 27 Jun 2009 , 8:54pm
post #12 of 12

ok, no problem....I thought it was finished because I didn't see the upgrade message any longer..........thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%