Cake For A Caterer- Help!!!!

Decorating By Tee-Y Updated 28 Jun 2009 , 9:28pm by Tee-Y

Tee-Y Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 7

I have an order to make a cake for a caterer with a catering theme, can anyone please give me ideas of what to do? I'm actually a little down on the weather and would appreciate the help icon_sad.gif .

6 replies
kakeladi Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 1:02am
post #2 of 7

Sorry you haven't gotten any replies. Hope by now you are feeling better.
My only suggestion is to contact IndyDebi as she is both a caterer and a decorator.
Other than that I'd make a cake that looks like food: hamburger, plate of spaghetti, steak or maybe a picnic - checkered cloth w/chips, watermelon etc. HTH

indydebi Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 1:34am
post #3 of 7

I would enjoy getting a cake that looked like a kitchen apron or a chef jacket. A sheet cake with a rolling pin and a wire whisk on it. A 3-layer cake (covered in grey fondant) to look like a big cooking pot. A sheet cake that looks like the front of a commercial oven or a commercial stovetop.

Rylan Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 6:58am
post #4 of 7

There is this one cake made for Rachel Ray. I loved it. I think it had vegetables and different kinds of food. I'm not sure but I think Buddy V. made it... not so sure.

Ruth0209 Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 4:37pm
post #5 of 7
kakeladi Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 6:33pm
post #6 of 7

Oooh that boiling over cake is cute! Great ideaicon_smile.gif

I just might do somehting like that for my fair coming up soon.

Tee-Y Posted 28 Jun 2009 , 9:28pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you all,Kakeladi,indydebi for the tips,I finally got the cake done and I'm much better now,thank you,lets see if I can post a picture of it!LOL!!!! Phew! That didn't work so I'll just post it to my pictures cos it says the image is too big!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%