Last Two Issues Of American Cake Dercorating

Decorating By bostonterrierlady Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 4:42pm by Kiddiekakes

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 9

Has anyone noticed the magazine went from 96 pages to 58? Does anyone know why? I still enjotr the magazine. Just disappointed.

8 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:14am
post #2 of 9

It must be money problems, everything's being downsized lately.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:35am
post #3 of 9

I didn't notice that they cut the number of pages in the magazine. But I'm sure that Costumeczar has the right idea with the whole money issue.

I did notice that they printed a couple of the same pictures in Mailbox News and ACD. I just thought, hmm..obviously, you all don't check each other's publications (They were Father's day oriented). One was a fish and I don't remember what the other one was.

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 9

I just got the Feb/March issue - not impressed! thumbsdown.gif

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:46pm
post #5 of 9

I totally noticed! There were some threads a few weeks ago about people who contacted ACD magazine and they replied that they have, indeed, had financial troubles. A lot of magazines have gone under, recently, in this economy: Hallmark is one of them.

I wouldnt be suprised if ACD goes under. Their last 2 editions were very meager with mostly advertising. Also, their quality seems to be lacking. I was flipping through some issues from 2006 and 2005. Lovely gumpaste tutorials, stemmed flowers, assemblies on nice cakes. Recently the magazine has been showing less and less of the complex stuff. I don't think I'll renew next year and instead, take my $24.95 and buy a nice new book. Maybe: one of Planet Cake's books, Elissa Strauss or the Whimsical Bakehouse will come out with something new next year icon_wink.gif

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 3:56pm
post #6 of 9

I got my renewal notice from them in the mail this week and it went in the trash. My money can be better spent on a book or class.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:26pm
post #7 of 9

Me too..I got my renewal and I won't be renewing...Instead I just bought myself the Funky Letter and number Tappits..WhooooHoooo!!!!

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:33pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

Me too..I got my renewal and I won't be renewing...Instead I just bought myself the Funky Letter and number Tappits..WhooooHoooo!!!!

Me too.........!!! Love them btw!!! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:42pm
post #9 of 9

Cakes22...Are they easy to use? I have the other FMM tappits but they are so small and always stick! I hope these don't end up at the bottom of my fondant tool case too.....Any tips on making them easier to use?

Laurel icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%