Yay, I Got 3" Deep Pans! How Do I Use Them?

Decorating By CakeMommy3 Updated 25 Jun 2009 , 11:35pm by Hobbyaholic

CakeMommy3  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 3

I just bought a 3" deep pan set (yay, joann coupon!), 6", 10", 14".

I always fill my 2" deep pans about 3/4 of the way full, and bake at 300 degrees, and they come out pretty level, and the sides of the cake reach the top of the pan.

How high do I fill the 3" deep pans? I read that you fill them 1/2 full, but that doesn't seem to me that the sides will reach the top of the pan.

I never use heating cores, so I'm hoping with the low temp, I won't have to use one for these pans either?

Also, any tips on torting it? I have the wilton leveler, the big one, and it sucks! Always cuts crooked, and since I have to torte this twice, I don't want to screw it up. TIA! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
 PinkZiab  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 3

I use all 3" pans. I generally fill mine about 2/3 full and bake at 325. I've never used a heating core or bake even strips or any of that.

I torte with a long serrated knife... it's what I've always done. I hope to get an Agbay one of these days, but until then, my trusty cake knife will do the trick!

Hobbyaholic  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hobbyaholic Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 3

I hope you get an answer to this one. I have some problems with mine and would love to hear the responses.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%