Yay, I Got 3" Deep Pans! How Do I Use Them?

Decorating By CakeMommy3 Updated 25 Jun 2009 , 11:35pm by Hobbyaholic

CakeMommy3 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 3

I just bought a 3" deep pan set (yay, joann coupon!), 6", 10", 14".

I always fill my 2" deep pans about 3/4 of the way full, and bake at 300 degrees, and they come out pretty level, and the sides of the cake reach the top of the pan.

How high do I fill the 3" deep pans? I read that you fill them 1/2 full, but that doesn't seem to me that the sides will reach the top of the pan.

I never use heating cores, so I'm hoping with the low temp, I won't have to use one for these pans either?

Also, any tips on torting it? I have the wilton leveler, the big one, and it sucks! Always cuts crooked, and since I have to torte this twice, I don't want to screw it up. TIA! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
PinkZiab Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 3

I use all 3" pans. I generally fill mine about 2/3 full and bake at 325. I've never used a heating core or bake even strips or any of that.

I torte with a long serrated knife... it's what I've always done. I hope to get an Agbay one of these days, but until then, my trusty cake knife will do the trick!

Hobbyaholic Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 3

I hope you get an answer to this one. I have some problems with mine and would love to hear the responses.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%