Help! Can't Get This To Attach!

Decorating By hollyh Updated 25 Jun 2009 , 2:50pm by all4cake

hollyh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyh Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 1:47pm
post #1 of 5

So, I am making the beach cake from the pinkcakebox that is blue with two bright orange fish attached. The fish are rather large and made from rolled gumpaste. The cake is complete and I am so happy but I can not get the fish to stay on. I think they may be too heavy. Please help me! This cake is due this afternoon. I have tried water/sugarwater and buttercream to make it stick. I haven't tried royal icing but I don't think it would work either.

Should I try to attach something to the back and stick it in the cake? I am afraid it would then just rip down through the cake.

If you go to pinkcakebox and search 'beach' the cake will come up if you want to see it.

Please help! I am desperate!

4 replies
hollyh Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:26pm
post #2 of 5

Please help! I am in a real time crunch! Please!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:42pm
post #3 of 5

I would use a combination of the royal icing and a toothpick/skewer or two depending on how large and heavy they were...the pick(s) will help keep it in place until the icing sets up a bit...each element helping the other.

hollyh Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:45pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you. I will try the royal icing. I have something for them to rest on while they dry. I hope it holds!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 2:50pm
post #5 of 5

You may run into some trouble if your pieces aren't dry...the moisture from the icing may cause them the go limp. I'm not trying to bring you down...just wanted you to be prepared just in case

maybe a fan on the situation would be beneficial

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%