10Th Anniversary Gift

Lounge By cakes21 Updated 26 Jun 2009 , 4:08pm by mkolmar

cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 11:29am
post #1 of 7

Help!!! I am coming up on my 10th wedding anniversary and I need ideas of what to get my husband. I want it to be special. I always get him fishing stuff and would like to get away from that kind of stuff.

Thanks

6 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 7

Congratulations! Does it have to be an actual gift? Can you arrange a short get-away for just the two of you? Doesn't have to be fancy or expensive, but the thought you put into it would make it memorable:- champagne, chocs, nice dinner, massage oil, you get the picture.

P.S. For our 10th Anniversary, my DH whisked me away to Las Vegas for a 4 night break. It was a total surprise, I knew we were going somewhere, but until we were almost at the airport he kept it a secret. He is totally unromantic usually, and not the most spontaneous person, so this was really fantastic for me. Maybe your DH would enjoy something like that...

cakes21 Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 7

Well we are already going away for the weekend. Somehow it turned into a family vacation but that's ok I guess.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 1:12am
post #4 of 7

Happy 10th!

Is there any way you could plan a weekend trip a little farther out for just the 2 of you, since this weekend turned into a family trip?

For our 10 year anniversary I surprised my DH with a really nice hotel room and had it set up for someone to watch the kids. I made up a tray of chocolate dipped strawberries, had a special outfit and the the spa tub was filled and ready to go. I just gave him an address and time to meet me there so he would be surprised.

What we started doing is one person would plan a surprise gift for our anniversary and we would switch off years. Next year is his turn. This year was mine so I bought us season passes to an amusement park that he loves. On the big numbered ones like 15, 20, 25 and so on we will be planning something together.

Does he have any other hobbies. do you want a fun type of gift or romantic?

cakes21 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 2:01am
post #5 of 7

These are good ideas. I want the gift to be something special. He is into making fishing poles, fishing, golf. I guess typical men stuff.

cakes21 Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 12:06pm
post #6 of 7

I want something that says " He is loved" and that I can get him a gift with out him telling me what exactally he wants

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 26 Jun 2009 , 4:08pm
post #7 of 7

Is there anywhere he would like to fish and golf for a few days. My dad use to go fishing with his friends up in Canada. They would be dropped off at a lake and it would be a few days before they were picked up. They always had a great time fishing and drinking.
You could also find out what course he would love to play at and set up a tee time there.

My DH isn't into fishing or golf so I'm not much help here, sorry.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%