How Much Mmf

Decorating By diamondsmom Updated 25 Jun 2009 , 9:39am by grandmaruth

diamondsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsmom Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 9:11am
post #1 of 4

Hi,
So atlast i made my first Mashmallow Fondant, I must say it taste really great. I made 4 batches. I have a few questions though. Here goes:

I already rubbed with crisco wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in siplock bags. Can I also store them in an airtight container or should I leave them as is on the counter or cupboard?

Would 4 batches be enough for a 6 inch over a 10 inch cake? The cakes would be either 3-4 layers filled with buttercream, or do i need to make more?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

3 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 9:31am
post #2 of 4

There's different recipes for it. I use the one with 16 oz marshmallows and 2lbs PS, and two batches is enough to cover a 6 inch and 10 inch cake.

I store mine on the counter for a week, if it's going to be longer than that I freeze it.

diamondsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsmom Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 9:38am
post #3 of 4

Thanks texas-Rose. I use the same recipe 16ozs MM and 2 llbs PS. So i guess 4 batches is more than enough then?

I have them in the container should i remove them or can they remain there? would it make a difference?

grandmaruth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmaruth Posted 25 Jun 2009 , 9:39am
post #4 of 4

I make and color several batches at one time...coat with crisco and put in a ziplock on my counter....then i store them in a bigger plastic storage box with lid in a cabinet....never tried freezing icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%